Amazon lightning deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprite1741

I am glad I didn't pay full price for this. Some issues are starting to add up. Raspy speaker, missing beginning of p25 transmissions and now I notice a lot of hiss on UHF, and see others working on a fix. I hope I don't have to have a brand new unit repaired. If I paid $400+ it would be on the way back to Amazon, but I like the deal so maybe I can live with it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am glad I didn't pay full price for this. Some issues are starting to add up. Raspy speaker, missing beginning of p25 transmissions and now I notice a lot of hiss on UHF, and see others working on a fix. I hope I don't have to have a brand new unit repaired. If I paid $400+ it would be on the way back to Amazon, but I like the deal so maybe I can live with it.
You may want to do the latest firmware update, if you have not already. Some of the issues in reception can be mitigated by tweaking the digital settings.

Flatshovel

Well I agree with you. I also noticed that mine had a raspy sounding speaker, a lot of hiss on UHF & VHF. Matter of FACT the unit seems to be deaf on UHF & VHF as it does not pick up transmissions at all. If it does there's so much static until you can't hear it. I tried multiple antennas as well with no luck. I'm sorry but I also listen to to these bands and for it to not receive reliably is a no go for me. I boxed mine up and it will be returned to Amazon and I will look into something else.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

rwier

Premium Subscriber
Well, I've got my new one now, and it's a winner on P-25 simulcast multi-site 700-800 range. Super sound for a speaker that can't be bigger than 1". Easily the best sound of any of my handhelds.

sprite1741

I did update the firmware as it was old. 1.09. I have my WS1040 to compare audio and signal ability. The 1040 is so much better I have been reluctant to take the Uniden out with me. The battery life seems short too. I had it running only a few hours after an external recharge and it started beeping. I get at least a whole day or more out of my other one. I really want a phase 2 scanner but not will to pay close to $500, so I may be stuck with this one.

Last edited:

SquierStrat

I received mine the monday right after the purchase, and im actually pretty impressed with its performance on everything i monitor. Vhf and uhf analog conventional, and vhf and 800mhz digital, phase 1 and 2 (simulcast even) and i have no complaints so far.. The digital audio (digital only) sounds muffled sometimes compared to my TRX-1, but its still completely understandable..

allend

Premium Subscriber
Also, the Homepatrol II shows 287.00 too on Amazon. Great Deals as long as its new and not a refurb

Nasby

Shows on Amazon for 287.00 right now for one day only. Wow.

These offerings are a scam. Amazon is full of these. Especially this time of year.

If you notice, the seller is usually brand new to Amazon and has little or no feedback/reviews.

It is a means for them to "fish" for your personal info by offering an incredibly low price on an item.

Fortunately, Amazon will issue a refund but by then the damage is already done.

sprite1741

Those scams contact you after the order and claim a problem then ask for your credit card number outside of Amazon. Amazon should do more to block those. I saw some good deals like that but did a search on "Amazon new seller scams". Some have their CC stolen others get a box of dead weight.

Nasby

Those scams contact you after the order and claim a problem then ask for your credit card number outside of Amazon. Amazon should do more to block those. I saw some good deals like that but did a search on "Amazon new seller scams". Some have their CC stolen others get a box of dead weight.

Agreed.

Amazon is full of scams like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.