Amazon lightning deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquierStrat

Anyone ever purchase a scanner through amazon, with one of their lightning deals? I was just surfing around and saw brand new BCD436HPs, shipped and sold through Amazon, for $311.46. Of course i purchased one, and now the deal is gone. Anyone know anything about Amazon "Lightning Deals" ?

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
I just stumbled across the Amazon Lightning Deal myself and ordered one! I've had my eyes on this scanner because it can do P25 Phase II for some time now. I've used the Amazon Lightning Deals on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday before with no problems.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Anyone ever purchase a scanner through amazon, with one of their lightning deals? I was just surfing around and saw brand new BCD436HPs, shipped and sold through Amazon, for $311.46. Of course i purchased one, and now the deal is gone. Anyone know anything about Amazon "Lightning Deals" ?
I occasionally purchase items on a 'Lightning Deal'. Amazon runs these daily, on a wide variety of products, some sold by Amazon itself, other in conjunction with their Marketplace partner sellers, but often 'fulfilled by Amazon', so that Prime members get the expedited shipping. These are normally set up to start at a specified time, and run for a predetermined length of time, or until the reserved quantity is claimed.

It shows as 24% claimed as of the time of this post:
https://smile.amazon.com/Uniden-BCD...d436HP&qid=1479582372&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1&th=1

kandrey89

Feed Provider
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I33XDAK/

The lightning deal has a limit of 1, that's why it's gone after you bought it!

I installed keepa.com extension into my chrome and I track amazon product price, get notifications and see history and I got an email yesterday saying that in 24 hours a lightinig deal will start on a product that I am watching.

$311.46 is the discount price now, that's 29.4% off

The only other lowest price was Sept 26th, 2015 for ~$326, lowest average price has been $364 in October last year. This year, the average price has been $440.

Flatshovel

I just pulled the trigger & ordered one myself! Thanks to this post I would have not know it was on sale. I have been eyeing it for some time and at the sale price I couldn't turn it down. Upgrading from a 396XT. Looking forward now to getting the DMR update in the coming months.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

kf5bti

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I33XDAK/

The lightning deal has a limit of 1, that's why it's gone after you bought it!

I installed keepa.com extension into my chrome and I track amazon product price, get notifications and see history and I got an email yesterday saying that in 24 hours a lightinig deal will start on a product that I am watching.

$311.46 is the discount price now, that's 29.4% off

The only other lowest price was Sept 26th, 2015 for ~$326, lowest average price has been $364 in October last year. This year, the average price has been $440.

You can also track Amazon prices using Amazon price tracker, Amazon price history charts, price watches, and price drop alerts. | camelcamelcamel.com Just copy the URL to the amazon product you want and plug it into camel and it will show you past trend data and allow you to setup alerts for items. I do this all the time when there is something I want but don't need it immediately.

kf5bti

I purchased a 996P2 and 15x from Amazon a couple months ago with no regrets. I contacted ScannerMaster first to see if they could match the price but they weren't able to match it.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
You can also track Amazon prices using Amazon price tracker, Amazon price history charts, price watches, and price drop alerts. | camelcamelcamel.com Just copy the URL to the amazon product you want and plug it into camel and it will show you past trend data and allow you to setup alerts for items. I do this all the time when there is something I want but don't need it immediately.

keepa chrome extension is much better! It displays the price plot/graph right on the amazon product page and allows you to set alerts on the same page, more integrated and convenient, no need to go to non-amazon website.

rwier

Looks like the deal is over, all available quantity has been claimed...
Just completed successful order two minutes ago (I think)!
Thanks to the posters on this thread! Didn't need a new scanner, but the low $300s price got me, lol.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Currently showing 72% claimed, 2 hours left (likely to sell out before time expires).

kandrey89

Feed Provider
I bought a second one because I cannot wait for Uniden to repair my scanner and ship it back to me, regarding the repair campaign. I literally use it every day!

SquierStrat

Is everyone elses set to arrive by Monday? I couldnt believe it! An insane deal like that, with practically over night shipping (considering its sunday)..

sprite1741

Mine says arriving Wed and I have a prime membership. I will be cancelling my prime at the end of the year anyway. I will keep an eye on the tracking when the post it. Shipping hasn't been the best. Last year they took 9 days to get an order to me that came from 2 states away.

SquierStrat

Im in eastern nebraska, and mine is shipping from Minnesota, so not too far. I also purchased with free shipping through my prime membership..

Flatshovel

I'm in North Carolina and I did free shipping since I don't have a prime account and says expected delivery 25-30. Which is fine as I am not in a hurry, would be nice to play with over Thanksgiving break but if it comes after it will still be ok.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Bay Area, California with Prime, receiving Monday.
This is not unusual to find mega savings on amazon like that, brand new, shipped and sold by amazon.

I have previously bought multiple items that were $600 typical average price, but due to amazon price matching or lightning sales I was able to get the items for $380-$500. Also Samsung 128GB uSD cards that were $70 typical would be $36. FYI, I only buy from Amazon directly, unless the item is not generally sold by Amazon and it does not make sense to manufacture knock offs for the item, then it's OK to order from 3rd party sellers.

If you want to buy something and it's big ticket, and you absolutely must NOT need it tomorrow, look at the keepa chrome extension price history, see if it's the lowest price in the last year, if not set a new price depending on price volatility of the item and what kind of savings you'd like and wait. Eventually you'll save anywhere from 5-30% on the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.