BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Amazon purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Well it happened to me I've heard the stories before but I bought a BCD436HP from Amazon Sunday for the price of $363.78.
I received it today and guess what it was used. It still have ONE rechargeable battery in it and the plastic wrap didn't look right on the scanner.
I emailed Amazon about it really quick and I took the first option they offered me 20% discount if I was to keep it, an already discounted price, so I decided to keep it...I did check back and it was listed as new. With the extra discount I'm happy

rs16

Premium Subscriber
I do recall spotting that $363 price the other day. I've never had a bad experience ordering from Amazon. However, with these reports of people receiving returned items, perhaps we should assume if something looks too good to be true, it is a risk.

seth21w

I was wondering who seen that post and bought at that price before it jumped back to 415. I seen it when the post only had 2 views and was very tempted to buy another but backed out. So how much did you end up with it for?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's not a fraud. Amazon Warehouse deals is their in-house open-box special liquidator. If they have units to move, they show up as the default seller because they have the lowest price. When their stock is gone, the price goes back to normal.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well it happened to me I've heard the stories before but I bought a BCD436HP from Amazon Sunday for the price of $363.78.
I received it today and guess what it was used. It still have ONE rechargeable battery in it and the plastic wrap didn't look right on the scanner.
I emailed Amazon about it really quick and I took the first option they offered me 20% discount if I was to keep it, an already discounted price, so I decided to keep it...I did check back and it was listed as new. With the extra discount I'm happy
Gus,
Out of curiosity, was the seller on your scanner a third party vendor? Or Amazon/Amazon Warehouse.

I've seen some third party Marketplace sellers claiming to have "new" scanners, but at a ridiculously low price. I see one right now listed under 'used', but comments also say "new in original box" Really? The seller is listed as 'just launched' with no feedback, and also has a note to contact them via email before placing the order. Talk about red flags!

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Amazon Purchase

Actually it was sold and shipped by Amazon that's why I bought it...The actual final price I'm going to pay for it is $328.00.....BTW I didn't tell Amazon but it is in excellent condition..I knew something wasn't right by the tape on the box and the plastic that was wrapped around the scanner.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering who seen that post and bought at that price before it jumped back to 415. I seen it when the post only had 2 views and was very tempted to buy another but backed out. So how much did you end up with it for?

If it was your that post I saw thanks! I was waiting for it to drop again!

allend

Premium Subscriber
Actually it was sold and shipped by Amazon that's why I bought it...The actual final price I'm going to pay for it is $328.00.....BTW I didn't tell Amazon but it is in excellent condition..I knew something wasn't right by the tape on the box and the plastic that was wrapped around the scanner.

The good thing is that Amazon is worth billions of dollars and its no sweat off of their back if you want to return and get a brand new one. That's why I love Amazon. No hassle or no problems on return.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Amazon Purchase

The good thing is that Amazon is worth billions of dollars and its no sweat off of their back if you want to return and get a brand new one. That's why I love Amazon. No hassle or no problems on return.
Yes I was offered a FULL refund including freight or return at n/c to me and get a brand new replacement.....I'm sure someone got in trouble over this matter....

dcisive

I happened to get my 536 from Amazon. It was brand spankin new. The price wasn't exceptionally low but at least it was indeed untouched. Oh well. I ordered my 436 however from ScannerMaster, which was of course also brand new untouched unopened as it should always be.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I see one right now listed under 'used', but comments also say "new in original box" Really? The seller is listed as 'just launched' with no feedback, and also has a note to contact them via email before placing the order. Talk about red flags!

That seller is probably a scammer. But if you buy from Amazon or Amazon Warehouse Deals, if you have any problems, Amazon customer service is easy to work with.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I bought a BCD536HP off Amazon. It arrived two days later. I opened the box...

Inside the box someone had stuffed an old broken Uniden scanner from the early 90's. What a &*@&# move whoever did that and returned it to Amazon for a refund.

The scanner was sold by Amazon NOT a third party...in case any one is wondering.

Amazon made it right, and sent out another scanner. But the sour taste is still in my mouth. They need to actually check returns.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've always found them very responsive to issues I've had. They issue refunds, send replacements, or whatever else is needed to correct the situation.

Someone pulled a fast one on them by sending back an old scanner and keeping the one that Amazon shipped. Amazon's tracking and database are superb. I wouldn't be surprised f they were able to trace that back to the original purchaser and make sure that they got paid.

I've had very good luck with Amazon, and of the few times that I've had a problem (out of hundreds of purchases), they've always made good on it.

captncarp

AMAZON

I have ordered a ton of electronics thru Amazon over the years and never had a problem. Plus they always use UPS which is very reliable.
Back in FEB. I ordered a antenna from a dealer 60 miles away. It was shipped Postal in two days. On the web site it was delivered in two days to my mail box. It arrived last Thurs. No explanation why it took two months and some one was lying when they said it had been delivered.
Last week I ordered a Uniden scanner. UPS pulled up outside and I walked out to the truck. The driver was banging around in the back and came out and said my package wasn't on the truck but said I would have it by the end of the day. That night I checked UPS around 2130 and there site said it had been left at my front door at 2030. I opened the door and there it was. It could have waited till the next day but they made a extra effort to deliver it the day they said they would.

I have never had a bad experience with Amazon or UPS in ten years of orders.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
I have ordered a ton of electronics thru Amazon over the years and never had a problem. Plus they always use UPS which is very reliable.
Back in FEB. I ordered a antenna from a dealer 60 miles away. It was shipped Postal in two days. On the web site it was delivered in two days to my mail box. It arrived last Thurs. No explanation why it took two months and some one was lying when they said it had been delivered.
Last week I ordered a Uniden scanner. UPS pulled up outside and I walked out to the truck. The driver was banging around in the back and came out and said my package wasn't on the truck but said I would have it by the end of the day. That night I checked UPS around 2130 and there site said it had been left at my front door at 2030. I opened the door and there it was. It could have waited till the next day but they made a extra effort to deliver it the day they said they would.

I have never had a bad experience with Amazon or UPS in ten years of orders.

Capt,
Although you may have UPS bring all your packages from Amazon, that is not the case with me. More and more (probably around 75% now) are sent US Postal Service, and the rest via UPS. I'm not complaining, as the USPS has been doing a pretty good job of meeting the promised delivery dates.

I can understand Amazon wanting to cut shipping costs, and as long as the USPS does their job and gets it here on time, I don't care if it comes on a donkey.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Capt,
Although you may have UPS bring all your packages from Amazon, that is not the case with me. More and more (probably around 75% now) are sent US Postal Service, and the rest via UPS. I'm not complaining, as the USPS has been doing a pretty good job of meeting the promised delivery dates.

I can understand Amazon wanting to cut shipping costs, and as long as the USPS does their job and gets it here on time, I don't care if it comes on a donkey.
I get a mix of shippers from Amazon. Some items, and every one that is a "Sunday" delivery, are USPS. I had one heavy item delivered today via FedEx Ground. Some of the items, especially those that ship from Amazon's Louisville warehouse do come UPS. The last few months, I've had quite a few delivered showing the carrier as Amazon. The USPS, or "Amazon" packages, are likely coming from one of the local fulfillment warehouses. They are up to a half dozen, in operation or under construction, in the metro area.

Like N9PBD, I could care less who the carrier is, as long as it gets to me on time & undamaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.