Amazon supply chain fraud re: Uniden Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superdog536

I just purchased a brand new 536 from Amazon, and it was sold by Amazon. In the pic you can see what came in the box. I called to report it and asked if they could notify the warehouse and have them check their stock but they told me they have no way to contact the warehouse. Has anyone else seen this type of fraud? It was delivered the same day so I doubt the carrier could have been involved.

Moderator Edit: Re-titled thread to be more accurate--Marshall KE4ZNR

Attachments

• uniden3.jpg
    uniden3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,608
Last edited by a moderator:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Is this an Amazon problem or a Uniden problem?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Amazon problem. Nothing to do with Uniden.

Obviously somebody has returned a 536HP but substituted another scanner in the box.

garys

Premium Subscriber
There are two or three threads about this already. The problem seems to be with Amazon's return procedure. BTW, I've found that I've had much better luck with the live chat on Amazon than phone calls or emails. I don't know why, but I had a much better response to the couple of problems I've had with Amazon using chat.

Did you buy this as a new product or open box?

Nasby

Classic Amazon. No surprise there.

Amazon is a feeding ground for credit card fraud, identity theft and every other cyber crime known to modern man.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Uniden supply chain fraud?

Interesting that it always seems to be a BC760XLT that arrives.

scover5555

To a warehouse return person, processing hundreds of returns of different products and not familiar with radios, this scanner would appear to be the one pictured on the box.

Aero125

Interesting that it always seems to be a BC760XLT that arrives.

It may be the same exact radio that has been returned and shipped a few times. I feel bad for the next guy that gets it. Maybe a travel diary in the box would be fun to document it's journeys.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
As others have said, Amazons return policy is quite liberal. They issue the refund as soon as you drop off the package to UPS (or they pick it up). While it's a great way to "try out" a scanner, they should really wait to issue the refund until they are in possession of the item and it has been checked.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
This is the reason I only buy scanners from the HAM Station where I can open the box and check it out before I leave the store. Not that I would need too.

DJ11DLN

This is the reason I only buy scanners from the HAM Station where I can open the box and check it out before I leave the store. Not that I would need too.
Not everyone has a reputable retailer in their back yard. Not complaining...envious a bit maybe. I've always wanted to stop in at Hamstation when I'm through the EVV area but so far it hasn't worked out from a time-of-day/day-of-week standpoint.:mad:

But let's face it, most of us have no choice but to order gear online sight-unseen. The days of being able to get your favorite new toy at the local electronics/radio shop have long since ended for most of the world as for the majority of us there are no local places.:(

Every time I think about ordering something from Amazon (just to stay OT), I read or hear about one of these horror stories. And I know that they have a "very liberal return policy," but with my luck, I'd be the first one they would refuse a refund or exchange over an old junk scanner in a new 536hp box.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I've ordered a lot of products from Amazon over the last several years and I've only been disappointed once. It was a die-cast model aircraft from GeminiJets. Amazon simply slapped a shipping label on the product box and sent it out. Normally, not too much of an issue but the box was only secured with a single snap. It could have easily come open at any time. Thankfully, that didn't happen, and the model was inside and intact.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I order a boatload of "stuff", been a Prime user for 4-5 years and have only had a couple things that were issues, one was a description was off (Amazon seller,not Amazon).

Since the OP posted this 24 hours and has not been back - either a troll,or he realized he ordered a Like New" warehouse item.

FWIW - I've ordered several warehouse items and they have exceeded the description. Some of them are hard or impossible to find. FWIW I do not do Ebay.

Just today received a 536 - perfect and some pipe cleaners... Stupid, yeah, but no one stocks them anymore. These are naturua fiber with some type of grit, useful for cleaning parts.

blackbelter

My first 436 was sent back postage paid to meet the lower price and re purchased.
Amazon is a machine with great customer service. No need to call them, just buy on line and enjoy.

Ubbe

It may be the same exact radio that has been returned and shipped a few times. I feel bad for the next guy that gets it. Maybe a travel diary in the box would be fun to document it's journeys.

Different scanners. Two have engraved digits on top but are different numbers (from the same source, firestation maybe?) and scratches on the display are different. Someone have figured out how to upgrade their scanner fleet without straining the firestations budget?

/Ubbe

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I don't understand why all the drama. The buyer clearly got a re-packaged unit. Contact Amazon and explain the situation. Insist that they make it right.

There are whole warehouses around the country that re-package returned goods. The employees in these warehouses are not expert on everything that comes down the conveyor at them. Frankly, I think it's inappropriate for on-line sellers to sell things that have been re-packaged without letting the buyer know, but that's an issue between the seller and buyer.

Titling this thread as "Uniden supply chain fraud" is nothing more than click bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.