Amazon won't deliver antennas to CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggit

This morning I tried buying different scanner antennas to my apartment in CA. I just can't believe it. The message kept coming up can't deliver to your location. Has something to do I think with warranty issues. I had to order an antenna from somewhere else.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Could be Proposition 65 or new labeling requirements to sell stuff to California buyers.

————————————

“WARNING: This message was generated on a computer with components that may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer.”

WARNING: This product I used to generate this message can expose me to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.”

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
California has some unusual laws. They tried to ban coffee at one time. That movement died rather quickly.

Correction: They wanted a "Black Box Warning," not a ban.

Last edited:

bb911

This morning I tried buying different scanner antennas to my apartment in CA. I just can't believe it. The message kept coming up can't deliver to your location. Has something to do I think with warranty issues. I had to order an antenna from somewhere else.
Amazon or Amazon Prime? Prime has their own delivery vehicles, and it's possible that they don't deliver to your area (which I couldn't find for some reason).

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber

I hope it is not because the abbreviation for Canada is the same as that for California. It would not be the first time that has caused a problem with odd sized packages.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
I get random messages on some products that say that they can't be delivered to my Illinois address, even though I've ordered and received them before. Amazon has some logistics software issues that they need to iron out.

bb911

UPS, Fed-Ex, Prime, etc.. could have temporary no delivery available in parts of CA due to the wildfires. Some roads have been blocked for many weeks and others are just now closing.

DJ11DLN

Amazon or Amazon Prime? Prime has their own delivery vehicles, and it's possible that they don't deliver to your area (which I couldn't find for some reason).
I'm a Prime member and I have never seen an Amazon delivery truck. Everything I order comes through the usual suspects - USPS for 95% of it, anything that is HazMat (batteries, cleaners, etc) comes UPS, and the odd item too heavy or bulky or whatever usually eventually arrives via FraudEx.

I'd lean toward either the current fire situation or possibly some obscure law being the issue.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I am tracking packages right now that have been sitting in CA for 2 days due to 'delays caused by the wildfires and severe weather in Gulf states' ..have not even been picked up in Petaluma. FYI

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
From the FedEx service delay web site:

"The wildfires are causing hazardous conditions in California, Oregon, and Washington. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our team members, as well as providing the highest level of service to our customers. Although contingency plans are in place, some service delays and disruptions can be anticipated for inbound and outbound shipments in the areas of California, Oregon, and Washington. FedEx is committed to providing service to the best of our ability in areas that can be safely accessed."

and

"Remnants of Sally continues to cause hazardous conditions across portions of AL, FL, GA, LA, and MS. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our team members, as well as providing the highest level of service to our customers. Although contingency plans are in place, some service delays and disruptions can be anticipated for inbound and outbound shipments across portions of AL, FL, GA, LA, and MS. FedEx is committed to providing service to the best of our ability in areas that can be safely accessed."

I'm sure it's the same with the others.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I am a Prime member and get this all the time. It depends on what you're buying and from whom. What I see is there are certain things that Amazon wants to deliver themselves and then it has to fall within their rules. You could try shipping to a locker, if there's one close. You could try the same product from a different vendor.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Have had two orders ship from CA that traveled on greased lightning.
That's gotta be messy. Anyway, I suspect the delivery speed depends on the proximity to the fires and whether you want it rare or well done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.