Amber Alert, Grand Prairie area

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

See link below:

http://t.co/B6uO3Erzof

I received this at 14:16 MST

Hope they find her soon

omrail

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

See link below:

Alberta Emergency Alert Index

I received this at 14:16 MST

Hope they find her soon

Just had a pop up on my iPad saying that the baby was found. 1553 MST

Edit: no longer showing on the Alberta emergency alert and according to many media she has been confirmed found safe.

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Just had a pop up on my iPad saying that the baby was found. 1553 MST

Edit: no longer showing on the Alberta emergency alert and according to many media she has been confirmed found safe.

Yeah I got a text saying she was found safe, just did not have time to reply to the thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I only saw this thread now - but I was aware of this situation right as it broke. Good that they found her, and good that they found the dopes that a) took the vehicle and 2) left her abandoned in severely cold temperatures.

Have you guys heard of CodeSearch and/or the Most Valuable Social Network project? Both are by the Missing Children Society of Canada and were employed during this alert.

What is CodeSearch? | Missing Children

Most Valuable Social Network | Missing Children

Milk Carton 2.0: The World's Most Valuable Project

MVSN allows you to "donate" your social media accounts to the cause when an alert like this goes out. You're granting MCSC the ability to post on your accounts automatically when a child goes missing. So, on my Facebook and Twitter accounts, when this amber alert was triggered, MCSC automatically posted details via me on FB and Twitter.

CodeSearch is a program that corporations with crews that work out in the field - like kayn1n32008 - can register with. When an alert goes off, field crews in the appropriate area get alerts on their phones/tablets/etc. So every phone tech, pipeline guy, and courier driver (theoretically) becomes a pair of eyes looking out for the missing child.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I only saw this thread now - but I was aware of this situation right as it broke. Good that they found her, and good that they found the dopes that a) took the vehicle and 2) left her abandoned in severely cold temperatures.

Have you guys heard of CodeSearch and/or the Most Valuable Social Network project? Both are by the Missing Children Society of Canada and were employed during this alert.

What is CodeSearch? | Missing Children

Most Valuable Social Network | Missing Children

Milk Carton 2.0: The World's Most Valuable Project

MVSN allows you to "donate" your social media accounts to the cause when an alert like this goes out. You're granting MCSC the ability to post on your accounts automatically when a child goes missing. So, on my Facebook and Twitter accounts, when this amber alert was triggered, MCSC automatically posted details via me on FB and Twitter.

CodeSearch is a program that corporations with crews that work out in the field - like kayn1n32008 - can register with. When an alert goes off, field crews in the appropriate area get alerts on their phones/tablets/etc. So every phone tech, pipeline guy, and courier driver (theoretically) becomes a pair of eyes looking out for the missing child.

Interesting about MVSN. I get m.twitter.com/AB_EmergAlert as text messages to my phone. It was how I received the alert.

I will look into this and see if this is something our company would be interested in.

Thanks for that Jay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Of all the twitter accounts I get text alerts on, I don't have AB Emergency Alert activated for some reason. I'll take care of that now.

I learned about these projects at the CITIG conference in Vancouver in November. The chairwoman of MCSC was a fellow speaker and delivered a very good presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.