Ambulance EMS frequencies in Kleberg County?

scanthewaves

I see EMS ambulances on the way to Spohn Kingsville.almost daily, but I can't find any EMS to hospital frequencies in the RR database, I monitored VHF EMS to hospital freqs but nothing, haven't tried the UHF frequencies, Also I see that Sensible Ambulance seems to be the main company in the area but I can't find any frequencies in the RR database, would they most likely be using DMR? Thanks for any info.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Have you tried the P25 systems in the area? They could possibly be using cellular as well. We have no hospital-ambulance comms over the air in Kendall County, but from my few trips to the ER in Boerne with kiddos they monitor the paging and primary talkgroups with a dedicated two way radio in the nurses station. I’ll take a look at the licensed frequencies there when I get a chance and see if I can find any clues for you.

scanthewaves

Yes I monitor the Kleberg County TRS regularly, only get Kleberg Fire and EMS dispatch but that's it, what of the ambulance company dispatch, most likely DMR? I appreciate you finding out for me, thanks.

Last edited:

ecps92

Probably using cell phones for Patient reports.
Most areas have Standing Orders and there is no need to make Entry Notifications for non Life Threatening services.

True some are using the Phone (PCS or Cellular), others have an APP or if a Private service maybe even notified thru that Dispatch

for the OP, the only way to track these down is to search, find your local major DMR's (might be more than one ) and listen, see if you can ID the EMS providers (Private Services)

scanthewaves

Most areas have Standing Orders and there is no need to make Entry Notifications for non Life Threatening services.

True some are using the Phone (PCS or Cellular), others have an APP or if a Private service maybe even notified thru that Dispatch

for the OP, the only way to track these down is to search, find your local major DMR's (might be more than one ) and listen, see if you can ID the EMS providers (Private Services)
Can close call help If its DMR? I would imagine if its a trunked system there must be a control channel? I'm still nrw to DMR and don't quite grasp it all yet.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Can close call help If its DMR? I would imagine if its a trunked system there must be a control channel? I'm still nrw to DMR and don't quite grasp it all yet.
Most DMR out there is conventional, repeaters or simplex. It will have a talkgroup and TDMA slot assigned to each channel, but still function as a conventional repeater. Multiple repeaters can be linked to form a defacto network, but still not trunked.

It could also be a simple Cap+ trunk system which has a data burst every two seconds on the home repeater, or a more traditional control channel trunk system such as Con+ and Tier III.

Plenty of DMR discussion but outside of this thread is better for that. I haven’t had a chance to review those licenses yet but I will soon.

scanthewaves

Most DMR out there is conventional, repeaters or simplex. It will have a talkgroup and TDMA slot assigned to each channel, but still function as a conventional repeater. Multiple repeaters can be linked to form a defacto network, but still not trunked.

It could also be a simple Cap+ trunk system which has a data burst every two seconds on the home repeater, or a more traditional control channel trunk system such as Con+ and Tier III.

Plenty of DMR discussion but outside of this thread is better for that. I haven’t had a chance to review those licenses yet but I will soon.
I guess it takes a basic understanding of repeaters and than I can build on that, since I don't have DMR on my scanner I guess I'll have to experiment with SDR and see shat I come up with, I hope you can dig up some info, thanks.