Ambulance Stolen - Montgomery Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
An ambulance was stolen around 3 PM today from the ER of Montgomery Hospital in Norristown.

The rig belongs to Lafayette Ambulance in Upper Merion Twp.

The unit is a white Ford/Horton box type body with blue and gray stripes. Lafayette Ambulance is on the side of the unit and an ID number of 317-2 is also on the unit. PA license number is EV-57206.

sc800

Does that area have a lot of drug users? That would be my first guess on who took it, probably emptying the morphine or whatever other pain relievers they carry.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Ambulance Recovered

from cbs3.com:

Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:00:04 GMT

Suburban Philly man accused of stealing ambulance

NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) Police have charged a suburban Philadelphia man with swiping an ambulance from outside a hospital.

Authorities say the crew of the Lafayette Ambulance & Rescue squad was in Montgomery Hospital in Norristown dropping off a patient about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when someone drove off with the ambulance.

About 7:30 p.m., state police spotted the vehicle westbound on Interstate 76, the Schuylkill Expressway, and pulled it over at the Route 202 exit in Upper Merion Township.

Police say they charged the man driving the ambulance, 22-year-old Justin Janaitis, of Norristown, with receiving stolen property and driving under the influence.

Police say it was not immediately clear why Janaitis had taken the ambulance. It also was unclear whether he had a lawyer.

would have posted sooner, but I was working last night....

INA04

Justin Janaitis, 22, of Norristown, was arrested and charged with stealing an ambulance, police said.

The ambulance was stolen Tuesday from Montgomery Hospital Medical Center in Norristown, police said.

Several people called police after spotting the stolen ambulance

He was arrested on Route 202

Q-ball

That's my squad, i live down the block from 317's station...last night i noticed that narberth ambulance(313) lent them one of theirs for temp. use...i wonder where this 22 yr ols kid kept the ambulance overnight that no one noticed it parked outside a residence or sometin or in a lot, and he was actually dumb enuff to drive back into the area via the schuylkill expsy, wouldnt he have been smarter to get the heck outta dodge? anways, thats my twp, and im glad we have it recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.