Ambulance to hospital frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyGregg

Anyone in Monroe County that can give me the frequency that the ambulance corps are using to talk with Strong, Highland and RGH? I can't seem to find that. I can only find dispatch channels.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
Other than Unity at Park Ridge on 155.340, there are no RF comms between hospital and Monroe County ambulances. It's all done by phone.

Some discussion of using the trunk in the future, however, nothing but a concept.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
Several years ago...

Yes, it USED to be 155.340. Park Ridge is the only one that wanted Monroe County crews to call ahead. The rest are "just show up" or phone ahead for orders or a heads up for a critical patient.

D

DaveNF2G

It happened after the various hospitals merged into two corporations. Probably driven by staff cuts in the emergency departments.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
It was more "why are we doing this?" and "how does this improve things?"

The reality was, it was (is) a waste of time.

If it was a critical patient, the Dr wanted to talk to you anyways, so no need to notify twice. (Via phone with the Dr AND radio to ED front end.)
If it was BLS, the PT would wait in line with everyone else. Treatment didn't change by calling ahead.

Hospital status is communicated to the crews electronically and the patient is informed so there is no diversion discussion needed via radio.

Just a thing of the past for now... (always subject to change)

Status
Not open for further replies.