Ambulance To Hospital Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
Loosing the ability to hear my 90 year old neighbors condition as they haul him away is the least of my concerns! It is however part of the overall interruption of the information flow......

Junior1970

This is why I like my PRO 96/2096's. They are some of the first P25 ready radios GRE/Rat Shack produced and they work well!! Thanks to Starrsoft they survived rebanding, easy to program and other than they don't support 700 Mhz (Idaho be damned) I'm pleased with them. Maybe that's why I have 3 of them :)

With the new sites coming on in Southern Utah once I have the control channel I leave it in open mode and let her go to work.........

I've never had a problem following Utah, Salt Lake or any other area with Utah, Colorado or Nevada thanks to the V Folders.

Don't give up hope pmstewart. Like Jon said it has taken us YEARS as a group to come up with the info we have and with people on this forum spread all over somebody knows something somewhere is what I have found. Searching for new info is exciting.

Just my two cents................

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
Junior,

I have wondered about the whole "V-Folder" thing. Have you overwritten yours and if so with what information and how much can it hold?

Thanks for the encouragement......

Paul

Junior1970

Junior,

I have wondered about the whole "V-Folder" thing. Have you overwritten yours and if so with what information and how much can it hold?

Thanks for the encouragement......

Paul

I have overwritten four of them. All the V-Folders are is another template of the existing working memory. For example the 2096 holds 500 channels and has 11 V-folders meaning you have the capability of 5500 channels.
I have V-folder 1 as Utah , V-folder 2 as Southern Nevada as all the Vegas/Clark County stuff fills that. V-folder 3 is Northeastern Nevada, mostly for the NSRS NHP EDACS systems as you can only program one site per bank (a waste IMHO!) and V-folder 4 is Wyoming mainly for Wyolink and the VHF trunking that WHP now uses. I still need to set up Colorado DTRS for 5 possibly. Win 96 is what I program the rig with.

N7YUO

Scanlist size

Quote:
"This new concept made me realize they have put Box Elder County (to the north) onto our simulcast site and it just blossomed from there. I cannot seem to get any scanlist down to under 70 tgid's and by the time it scans all of them I miss most of the voice traffic on most of the tgid's during the course of any business day......"

My scanlist for Weber/Box Elder has 90 TGIDs. A lot of them are quiet most of the time.
State Swat, all the Event & Ops, Landing Zones, National Guard, & SAR.

When I deduct all of the low use/seldom used TGIDs, I have 18 TGIDs with high activity.
High use TGIDs
WEBER FIRE 1
WEBER FIRE 2
BOX ELDER FD 1
BOX ELDER SO
BRIGHAM CITY PD
WEBER SHF NORTH
WEBER NORTH 6
WEBER SOUTH 4
WEBER SHERIFF 5
OGDEN PD DISP
OGDEN PD 5
RIVERDALE PD
S OGDEN PD
HARRISVILLE PD
N OGDEN PD
TRANSIT 1 23008
UHP NORTH C2C
UHP WEBER C2C

Low use TGIDs:
STATE SWAT 1
STATE SWAT 2
STATE SWAT 3
STATE SWAT 4
UHP SP OPS 1
UHP SP OPS 2
UHP SP OPS 3
WEBER SP OPS
DNR FIRE S
DNR FIRE N
LANDING ZONE 1
LANDING ZONE 2
WEBER FIRE 3
WEBER FIRE 05696
WEBER FD C2C
ROY FD C2C
RIVERDALE FD
WASH TERRACE FD
S OGDEN FD
PLAIN CITY FD
NORTHVIEW FD
UINTAH FIRE
MORGAN FIRE
MTN GREEN FIRE
BOX ELDER FD 2
NW REGIONAL
BOX ELDER LAW 2
WEBER NORTH C2C
WEBER SOUTH C2C
WEBER C2C
WSU PD C2C
OGDEN TAC
ROY PD C2C
PLEASANT VW C2C
MORGAN SO C2C
TRANSIT 2
TRANSIT 3 C2C
WEBER SAR
WEBER OPS 1
WEBER OPS 2
WEBER OPS 3
WEBER OPS 4
WEBER OPS 5
WEBER OPS 6
WEBER OPS 7
WEBER OPS 8
WEBER OPS 9
WEBER OPS 10
BOX ELDER OPS 6
BOX ELDER OPS 7
BOX ELDER OPS 8
EVENT 1
EVENT 2
EVENT 3
EVENT 4
EVENT 5
EVENT 6
EVENT 7
EVENT 8
EVENT 9
EVENT 10
EVENT 11
EVENT 12
EVENT 13
EVENT 14
EVENT 15
EVENT 16
UT NATNL GUARD
UT NAT GUARD ADM
UHP INSPECTION
UHP INSP C2C
MOTR VEH ENFORC
MOTR VEH ENFORC
GR SALT LAKE SAR
DAVIS SAR

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
MrGadget,

I think your way of planning makes great sense.....I've tried to program the way your suggesting and keep running out of room in the scanner for Object Oriented Items.....

In keeping with your suggestion I've put the whole ucan as it downloads from RRDB untouched into the first 3 TSYS Trunk slots along with only one master tgid lists.....these are kept in scanlist 1 so I can turn on the whole UCAN if necessary.

Next breaking it down regions.....Box Elder, Cache, Rich, Weber, Morgan as one region...
Davis County in it's own region likewise with SLC. and Utah Counties......

I have then made a region I-15 with all the stuff in the SW corner of the state as well as the SE corner....

The bottom line is there is not enough room to copy all the tgid's into their respective places and still have any room left for stuff like slc international airport or some conventional freq's for so utah....

I have made spreadsheet after spread sheet trying to figure out the most efficient means to load this stuff and I'm coming up short.

Lastly, in Weber County where I live if I simply program in the Weber Simulcast and MT Ogden as the sites with Weber SO Disp, Ogden PD Disp. Weber 4 So Cities, Weber 6 No Cities (Morgan & UHP) along with Weber Fire 1 (5600) and Weber Ops 2 and 3......most afternoons there is enough traffic on these channels that only one scanner cannot handle the amount of voice traffic.....I have 7 scanners running in the office.....three trunk and 2 conventional ......2 which are tied together with a computer, discriminator ports and unitrunker to log a site while listening and I am able to determine I'm missing a ton of voice on the trunks while the conventional scanners simply scan the vc's ......

Paul

N7YUO

Information Overload

Quote: "I have 7 scanners running in the office.....three trunk and 2 conventional ......2 which are tied together with a computer, discriminator ports and unitrunker"

First, let me state that it is not for me to judge someone elses activity.
That being said, I make these observations:
I would find it a daunting task to try to monitor all that activity.
Is it really necessary to try to hear everything?

I use one scanner, and even when I monitor three or more scanlists, I manage.
When a major incident occurs, it generates a lot of radio traffic. Right now, I am hearing a working fire in Layton. There is so much traffic that I am not hearing much else.

During the day, I limit how much area I will monitor. I don't usually monitor SLC or Davis Co. unless I happen to be in one of those areas. Late at night, I might monitor a larger area.

I subscribe to UtahAlerts, so I receive texts about important events that are happening.
I may not be monitoring the area of the incident, but with the alert, I know where to tune in.

I ignore most of what comes out the speaker because it is routine dialogue. There are certain clues I listen for: Three beeps, excited tone of voice, speaking with siren in the background, certain ten codes: 10-0, 10-18, 10-33, 10-35, 10-39, 10-50, 10-80, 10-88. Key words: extrication, trapped, stabbed, shots fired, fight in progress, evacuations, etc.

Generally, if I miss the first dispatch, I the context of the call when they are dispatching other units like fire or emt's.

I omit talk groups that tie up a lot of air time with uninteresting dialogue:
All Gold Cross TGs. (They use a lot of air time to reposition assets, meanwhile, I am missing the action.
Most Car to Car TGs in Davis Co. Units casually chit-chat about recent events, blah blah blah.
UDOT, they have no action that I am interested in.
Court services and Animal Control.
Training channels, when active, will tie up the scanner with fictional scenarios.
SLC Vice Squad busting "Johns" for solicitation.
SLC NARCS "Done deal! Done deal!" (all day long).
Jails, Prisons, Corrections, AP&P.
Public Works: Water, Streets, Parks, Trash.
Hospitals and helicopters. ( I do monitor Landing Zones)
Service channels: I don't want to hear warrant checks, license checks, registrations.
Health departments and Human Services.
Radio technicians.

I know for a fact that my PSR500 is nearly maxed out of memory already. What this means is that I will have to divide the programming up between two V-folders.
Probably one will be Salt Lake County & north, the other will be Utah County & south.
I would probably put Tooele, Summit & Wasatch in the north, as well as everything north of them.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
I heard over the weekend while SAR was out after some people who had gotten in a bad spot and a feller broke his femur....air med and lifeflight talking about a lz-7 channel which I've never seen.....

I listen to the service channels because when they are using the normal one's for emergency use they always route regular traffic onto the service channel......

Status
Not open for further replies.