Ambulances are now Level 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
So, periodically (usually around 10:50 - 11:20PM), somebody comes over Firecom dispatch and says "Information for all Washington County Units: Ambulances are now Level 2".

What exactly does this mean?

pdxbofh

that is Metro West dispatch on WCCCA Fire Dispatch giving info to Dispatch and units regarding the number of ems units on the road...

I am now sure if the 'level 2' actually means there are only 2, or if it means something else, but I do know it is Metro West Dispatch

mh34444

If its the same county to county, then it does mean there are only 2 ambulances available. You'll hear the same thing from AMR on the EMS Dispatch TG on the BOEC trunk. It gives the the ambulances that have completed their transports to hospitals a heads up to become available. It also means that ambulances will be moved into the area from other counties, ie; Clackamas County AMR covering Multnomah County AMR, usually the Sandy ambulance moving into east Gresham and a Clackamas ambulance moving to SE Portland. The same goes for Multnomah County ambulances moving into Clackamas County for coverage.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Well, I did notice that they only had seven ambulances responding to calls throughout the county from 10PM to 6AM, and then calls afterward were taken by different ambulances. At the time I heard this, two were just arriving to their respective calls, and one was being dispatched. So, if they already had one or two at the hospitals, this would make sense.

I also remember that the last ambulance to be dispatched before the notice was broadcast was responding from Metro West's HQ in Hillsboro.

Status
Not open for further replies.