ameren ue edacs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

markking71

I recently bought a bc246t and I am having problems getting UE's edacs trunking to work. any one listen to UE in missouri? I need HELP!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to the forum.

1. Which site are you trying to program? (each site must be in a separate bank)
2. Can you hear a control channel? (you must be able to hear a CC for any site programmed)

markking71

edacs programming

OK here is what I have. the radio is a bc246t, the RR database says it is an EDCAS networked standard system and lists the following freqs( 01 852.76250 02 853.56250 03 854.36250 04 855.18750) the fcc uls database has the same freqs plus 858.1125 and 857.1125

So when programming I select EDC as system type then I have options of wide, narrow or scat. I choose wide? I enter all 6 freqs, and get nothing. I realize I have to figure out the LCN, But shouldnt I Get some ID's (It's set to ID search) fron the control freq?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Actually, FCC list 13 freqs for call sign WNVQ249. 4 are used for the Randolph tower, 3 for St Francois, 4 for Mexico (your system) and the two extra in your list are apparently unused. You would need to run ETrunker, UniTrunker or the new ewtrnk to verify use.

Apparently you have the scanner corectly set. However, you did not mention if you hear any control freq noise. RR has no TG's in the database, so maybe the system is not running yet.

Find and click on Changed Site-811 (example below) in the RR Database page for the system. This will give a history of updates for the system. Your site 108 does not have any history. However, could be no one has submitted any.

Code:
System Name:    AmerenUE (East Central/South East MO)
County:    23 counties
System Type:    EDACS Networked Standard
System Voice:    Analog
Last Updated:    [B]Changed Site-811[/B]
Hits:    2181

markking71

Yes I hear the control freq, and I have the freqs in an older non trunking scanner. I hear voice traffic on the old scanner but the 246t does nothing. I d'loaded etrunker. I'll play around with it and see what I can find out. Ohh by the way I can't find the documentation for etrunker, you have any links to the file that work?

Thanks for the help
Mark

jeffrey420

markking71 said:
I recently bought a bc246t and I am having problems getting UE's edacs trunking to work. any one listen to UE in missouri? I need HELP!

I have both St. Charles county, and St. Louis county sites in my Pro-97. They seem to both work fine. I just put all talkgoups in both banks and toggle which ever site I am closer to on.

markking71

I can't find any info on talkgroups in my area. I set the 246t to ID search, When there is activity (I hear on old scanner) the 246t doesn't do anything. I have arc246 software and it shows that the scanner is locking on the control freq. I'm starting to wonder if its actually an EDACS system.

jeffrey420

markking71 said:
I can't find any info on talkgroups in my area. I set the 246t to ID search, When there is activity (I hear on old scanner) the 246t doesn't do anything. I have arc246 software and it shows that the scanner is locking on the control freq. I'm starting to wonder if its actually an EDACS system.

What area are you in?

jeffrey420

Hey Frank, That is a good link to have.

I can only say what the system by me in St. Charles county is. From the sound of it, I vote for the 9600 baud edacs signal hands down.

I am unfamiliar with the 246.

I will be taking a trip to the Ozarks next week sometime, and will be sure to load that site in.

markking71

Well its EDACS 9600 baud for sure, Now I am really stumped. It just wont work. I must be missing something simple in programming the radio.

And just so you know I have been into scanning for over 15 years and I have had the ham ticket for 12 years. So I have some knowledge of radio. And this is just totally frustrating me.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Check the scanner is in ID SEARCH Mode since no Talkgroups are listed for your county. If in ID SCAN Mode, you would need to have ID's programmed.

jeffrey420

No activity!

I just got back in town from the Ozarks. Went through the area in question, and had my Pro-97 with me. I got good strong signal from the control channel at 97% to 100%. I never heard any activity on this site. I wasn't there for very long. As I travelled south on 54 I did hear activity on other sites.

Just thought I would let you know.

ksmoscanner

Just returned from the lake today. Heard the following on the Camden Co and Miller Co sites from Hurricane Deck, Mo

Camden Co Site :

01 857.8375
02 858.8375
03 859.8375

Miller County Site @ Lakeside- LCN not confirmed but it seemed to work.

01 852.7125
02 853.5125
03 854.3125
04 854.9375
05 854.0125
06 854.6375

All Tgs were heard on both sites. Both sites have good signals on the lake.
1042 - Jeff City ( Dispatcher)
1044 - Unid
1090 - Unid Meter Swap
1826 - Unid
337 - Sounds like the plant at Lakeside, Mo

Gregg in KC

markking71

There are 3 simulcasted sites that cover a fairly large area, so the mexico site is pretty active. I still can't get it to track channels or even display a tg in "id search" mode. I have a few Columbia MO trunked systems programmed (MU and MO/COMM) and they work fine. But they are motorola systems.

I did program the 4 freqs as a SCAT system so it will ignore all the beeping and data bursts. Now I can at least listen without being too annoyed. Its quite interesting, one of the local radio or computer techs makes a lot of personal calls on the phone-patch. Now I really want to make it work right.

jeffrey420

markking71 said:
There are 3 simulcasted sites that cover a fairly large area, so the mexico site is pretty active. I still can't get it to track channels or even display a tg in "id search" mode. I have a few Columbia MO trunked systems programmed (MU and MO/COMM) and they work fine. But they are motorola systems.

I did program the 4 freqs as a SCAT system so it will ignore all the beeping and data bursts. Now I can at least listen without being too annoyed. Its quite interesting, one of the local radio or computer techs makes a lot of personal calls on the phone-patch. Now I really want to make it work right.
I wish I would have heard something. I only spent time enough to get off I-70 and go south on 54. My initial plan was to monitor it for a while. I had many delays getting started, and I was about two hours behind schedule.

markking71

Well, Just an update. I Got the Vandalia MO site to work, unfortunatley it does not simulcast with the Mexico site. And I went to Lake Ozarks for a few days and the Miller county and Camden county sites worked fine in my scanner. So I know its not a problem with my scanner or a problem with my programming. Anyone have any other suggestions?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Mark,

This is from your post #17"I did program the 4 freqs as a SCAT system so it will ignore all the beeping and data bursts. Now I can at least listen without being too annoyed." If you were getting more then one beep at end of transmissions in EDACS Wide, the system may be incorrectly programmed.

You stated earlier that you are using ARC246. These three views should be correct for programming your scanner. Note the change from the defaults in pic 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.