AmerenUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb0wao

I have been spending a bit of time _really_ monitoring the AmerenUE EDACS system here in Cape and something is puzzling me.... I expect to hear the local Cape-based units running around doing their thing, and to somewhat a lesser extent perhaps some of the Hayti-based and Ironton-based units. However....

I have been hearing traffic from areas that has just astounded me. Yesterday, I hear Jeff City Dispatch call a unit and ask him where he was at. The unit responded that he was on "136 just coming into Wayland". Wayland, MO is about as far NE in MO that you can get! Now, my thinking is that someone in the local coverage area was on the same talk group as the Wayland unit - so therefore any traffic on that talk group was being relayed to the Cape site - is this correct?

Also, I _think_ I have derived part of the numbering scheme for AmerenUE - 38xx units are based in
Cape Girardeau, 39xx units are based in Hayti and 37xx units are based in Ironton. These assumptions were made by monitoring the locations of the units and the proximity to AmerenUE facilities. Unit numbers are the same as the RID/UID's that I have monitored on the system.

I am sure that the TGID's also follow some sort of pattern, but haven't figured that out yet.

Dennis

talkpair

Maybe it's some sort of temporary setup they made to accommodate crews sent there from NE Missouri to standby for the possibility of an ice storm.

Just a guess.

wb0wao

Possibly - I was listening during the storm we had down here, and there wasn't a whole lot of traffic on the system - about normal for a weekend. I will keep monitoring and see if I hear anything else out of the ordinary. Thanx

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.