American Bank Center - Corpus Christi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tejedor

Premium Subscriber
Any of you in the Corpus area have any info on the radio system that SMG Managment uses at the American Bank Center?

I know they don't use the City of CC Trunked System. I thought they used A & B Communications, a local private radio vendor but have not heard any transmissions on any of the A & B listed frequencies that I found.

Anyone out there have any info?

David

gus426

I stumbled on them once I think they are on LTR system but who's I can't remember sorry..I'm still looking but those frequencies are gone..well maybe it wasn't that system I remember finding them once..

Gus

Tejedor

Premium Subscriber
Found It

Well after I got home from work yesterday, and before going to see Elton at the ABC I did a little work.

ABC uses an LTR system from what I can gather. It is on 452.8500MHz. The system is leased out to the ABC from Industrial Communications out of San Antonio.

Being the scanner nerd that I am, I had my 396XT strapped to my hip from the time I left the house until Mr., no, Sir Elton started to play. And may I say he put on a wonderful show. He was at it for just over two and a half hours. That's right, 2 and 1/2 + hours. (Getto Warning) - You gotta give tha man props. He was da bomb...

It was really cool to hear the "behind the scenes" stuff that goes on to put something like a concert on. I tried to use the "Close Call" function of the radio to see if I could pick up any of the wireless mic's or transmitters for the instuments but had no luck. I was to busy listening to the great music.

Larry, if you see this and have a chance you may want to add the above frequency and LTR Site to the Database. I will try and work on getting more info on the LTR system. I am not used to working with this type of system and am going to do some research on it. What I can gather from the FCC database it is a single channel LTR system, at least from what I can gather now. I have looked around and on the "Site" listed by the FCC there is only one frequency issued to the station at the location of the repeater.

I will work on getting more information and provide you with it as I get the system worked out.

David

Last edited:

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
David,

Once we have more info for this system let me know. Lindsay wants us to put the most complete information possible in before we set it up in the DB. It just might pay to get season tickets for the Ice Rays.

Larry

Tejedor

Premium Subscriber
American Bank Center *Update*

With Sir Elton, Disney on Ice and today's World Spirit Association, that's a cheerleading competition for those that did'nt know, :), there has been lots of activity on the radio system that ABC uses.

The Site is an LTR system that is on top of a building 800 N. Shoreline. The same spot I beleive that the City of CC Shoreline Site is located on.

The system is owned by Industrial Communications in San Antonio, Texas.

Here is what I have so far.

LCN's are 02 - 452.6500
04 - 451.8375
08 - 453.0000
12 - 452.8500 (Primary Control Channel)
14 - 461.9125
20 - 452.4375

Some of the Talk Groups that I have figured out so far are:

0-12-022 - Parking
0-12-023 - Maintenance
0-12-024 - ?
0-12-025 - Administration (Command)
0-12-026 - Front Desk
0-12-027 - ?
0-12-028 - Convention Center Housekeeping
0-12-029 - Arena Housekeeping
0-12-030 - Center Plate (Food Service)
0-12-031 - Security

There is a cab company also on this system that is on talk group 0-12-021. They are kind of annoying because they really use their radios. A LOT.

Also heard some traffic on 0-20-047 that sounded like it was related to ABC operations but the transmissions were brief and I could not really tell.

The other frequencies that I found to be at the same repeater site are 451.1000, 451.2000, 451.2500, and 462.2500. These four frequencies are also assisgned to a "sister sight" in Robstown, Tx but I have not heard any traffic on them from the Shoreline Site.

Working this out has really tought me bunches about LTR systems and how to find their LCN's etc...

If any of you would be so kind as to plug this setup into one of your free banks and let me know if I am missing something I would really appriciate it.

David

Last edited:

wahooridge

0-20-228 and 229 is yellow cab. The use the voice scrambler system to encypt their traffic.

wahooridge

02-20-245 is being refered to as shoreline ch 1
02-20-246 is being refered to as shoreline ch 2
both tags being used at the boat show this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.