American Dream - What Am I Doing Wrong?

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am trying to monitor the American Dream complex from my home in North Jersey.

I downloaded the system from the RR database. The video shows what is going on yet I am not receiving any comms at AMERICAN DREAM PHOTO.JPGall. Not shown in the photo under the time it is blinking SLOT 2.

What am I missing?

Dan

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Thank you to everyone who responded.

Yes, using a Yagi antenna helped, but in case anyone else is interested in monitoring this huge complex
which provides for some interesting listening, here is the another part of the solution...

After you program your SDS200 or SDS100 with the system from the RR database, ( and you cannot do it
through Sentinal, I used ProScan), you MUST go into the radio and run the LCN finder function. Be prepared to leave the scanner running this mode, maybe for a day or more. After the scanner finds ALL of the LCN channels codes, in my case it was 9 out of 12 for American Dream system, hit FUNCTION, then SYSTEM the the "E" for yes so you can SAVE the LCN channel data. Your radio will then monitor the system.

I found this info here on RR in another section dealing with DMR issues.

Enjoy!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Having to use LCN Finder suggests that the LCN's in the database are incorrect. If that's the case, let's get the correct LCN's in the database so that this isn't an issue going forward.

By the way, Sentinel ignores Capacity Max systems. This is a known issue that Uniden has thus far done nothing to rectify. @JoeBearcat you listening?

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Looks like OP is getting about 2 bars of signal (then again squelch is down to zero) so definitely coming in weak
I initially thought that was the issue, but as stated above it was not. The system comes in loud and clear even with 2 bars
when properly programmed.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I initially thought that was the issue, but as stated above it was not. The system comes in loud and clear even with 2 bars
when properly programmed.
Again, if the LCN's are wrong in the database, please submit the correct ones that LCN Finder showed, otherwise it'll be wrong forever.

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Again, if the LCN's are wrong in the database, please submit the correct ones that LCN Finder showed, otherwise it'll be wrong forever.
A few days ago I was nearby American Dream. I followed back and forth conversations on numerous talk groups using the programming from RRDB. So…the database seems accurate. I’ll probably be able to run the LCN finder in a week or two.

Reactions: wtp

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I just started an LCN search on the system on a SDS200 from one town away from the mall. I'll post my findings.