American Electric Power (AEP) P25 WACN 92715

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The Leonard site is now showing site 8 as a neighbor. No other sites as of now though.

WHat is the frequency associated with site neighbor/peer 8 as well as the RFSS ? If you are running anything that reveals site neighbors/peers, it will also list the active control channel for that site and should list RFSS-Site ID.

I would presume that the site 8 that is its neighbor is the site that is live in Ohio. But, it could be a site located down there that isn't RFSS-Site 8-008.

If it is 8-008 that is listed as the peer, disregard :)

Thanks

Mike

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I just took a look and it now isn't broadcasting a peer site... I'll check back in a day or so and see if anything changes. I've yet to hear much traffic on the site here.

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
What does it sound like? Is there any way for you to post a recording?

Twice now I have seen new P25 sites or systems in my area that transmitted some type of contstant test pattern or BERT for a while when they first went on the air. It isn't control channel data and doesn't decode.

Sorry I have been busy lately and have not checked in on this thread. I am not able to attach a .wav file I can email it though.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Interesting to me that in the last year or so they replaced the tower at Bellefontaine, OH ( an area where they do not provide electric service, but of course is the highest point in the state. ) with a new self supporting one. They must to be looking at the long term, and a seem committed to a new radio system.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Saw this in the local news

American Electric Power is proposing
to construct a 350-foot Self-Support
telecommunications tower at Waters
Lane, New Concord, Muskingum
County, OH 43762 (40 07 06.61 N / 81 44
51.53 W). The tower is anticipated to
have FAA Style E lighting. Interested
persons may review the application
for this project at www.fcc.gov/asr/ap
plications and entering Antenna
Structure Registration (ASR) Form
854 File Number “A1107696” and may
raise environmental

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
I noticed a work crew at the Etna, OH site last week. Nothing has changed so far, 858.3625 is the EDACS Control Channel and 860.8875 has the wide constant signal I can not ID.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I noticed a work crew at the Etna, OH site last week. Nothing has changed so far, 858.3625 is the EDACS Control Channel and 860.8875 has the wide constant signal I can not ID.

I don't know the purpose, but AEP has been adding a frequency or two to many sites starting earlier this year. In the case of ETNA, they recently added 854.0375 to the license.

I don't know if the were adding these frequencies to be used on the P25 systems to bring them online wtihout having to take channels off the existing system or if there was some other reason. But you might want to check out 854.0375 just to see if there is a P25 control channel on it.

For the sites around here that have had frequencies added, I've seen no activity on the additional freqs, EDACS or P25.

Mike

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
I don't know the purpose, but AEP has been adding a frequency or two to many sites starting earlier this year. In the case of ETNA, they recently added 854.0375 to the license.

I don't know if the were adding these frequencies to be used on the P25 systems to bring them online wtihout having to take channels off the existing system or if there was some other reason. But you might want to check out 854.0375 just to see if there is a P25 control channel on it.

For the sites around here that have had frequencies added, I've seen no activity on the additional freqs, EDACS or P25.

Mike

854.0375 is in my scan list but no activity this evening

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
854.0375 is in my scan list but no activity this evening

Rgr that. I just checked the 6 or 7 control channels that I can hear from Carrollton, and they are all still EDACS. Swept the band with SDR# and found no P25 CCs specific to AEP.

M

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone up on programming this on a Unication??? So far I've not heard a thing, and I've only shown as out of range

There are only two sites confirmed to be online at this time -- but there may be many more not reported yet.

American Electric Power P25 Trunking System, various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Leonard OK and Mt Sterling OH. I don't own a Unication or I would tell you. But it wouldn't be any different to program than some other P25 site that you already have in your Unication.

Mike

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
WHat is the frequency associated with site neighbor/peer 8 as well as the RFSS ? If you are running anything that reveals site neighbors/peers, it will also list the active control channel for that site and should list RFSS-Site ID.

I would presume that the site 8 that is its neighbor is the site that is live in Ohio. But, it could be a site located down there that isn't RFSS-Site 8-008.

If it is 8-008 that is listed as the peer, disregard :)

Thanks

Mike

Oklahoma site back to broadcasting a neighbor site.

NL: 8.8 857.8125

Mark-Ohio

Premium Subscriber
I can't pickup AEP in Lancaster using the database settings. But if I manually set the frequencies I can hear them talk along with the data noise. I'm only four mile away from their N. High Street tower location.

Anyone else had luck getting these to trunk? After seeing this thread wondering if they have converted or maybe just EDACs location number wrong?

(Using BCD436HP and obviously still getting up to speed on modern communication tech :wink:)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
For those people in Wagoner OK or Mt Sterling OH area, please do the following:

1. check / verify the actual System ID -- is it 1FA or 1F6 for that particular site?
2. If you can, grab the neighor list of off each of these sites
- not only do we want the neighbor ##.##, but we also want the frequencies listed next to each neighbor

Thank you

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
92715.F6-13.13 Canton OH (Stark) - online
Neighbors:
16.16 854.6625 Malvern OH (Carroll) - this site isn't online yet as of 2-3-2019
17.17 854.2125 Millersburg OH (Holmes) - this site isn't online yet as of 2-3-2019
23.23 854.9375 Stone Creek OH (Tuscarawas) - this site isn't online yet as of 2-3-2019

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thank you. Looks like its only neighbor is Mt Sterling OH lol. Hopefully they'll get moving on these at some point. Good bet that site 1.1 through 7.7 and 10.10 through 12.12 are at least partially built out by now.

Interesting that the Canton Site is System ID 1F6 while Mt Sterling OH (unless it has changed) is part of 1FA. It certainly makes sense that there will be different System IDs for the various territories though.