American Electric Power P25 WACN 92715

west-pac

Does anybody know which antennas AEP is using on their repeaters? I have family members that live near 1F5 Site 42, and yesterday I noticed 2 teal-colored fiberglass-looking vertical antennas on that tower that look fairly new, just curious if those were the AEP antennas.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Does anybody know which antennas AEP is using on their repeaters? I have family members that live near 1F5 Site 42, and yesterday I noticed 2 teal-colored fiberglass-looking vertical antennas on that tower that look fairly new, just curious if those were the AEP antennas.
I don't have any idea. I haven't seen any AEP site up close to know what antennas they are using.

Mike

gtaman

I would say those would be the ones. In Columbus on our city MOTO system the antenna look to be a teal colour as well.

gtaman

I just heard a guy doing a residential disconnect on TG 1003. He called in with a meter or ticket number, dispatch checked and said "no payment on the acct. You're good to disconnect." It sounds like some type of service TG, versus a Trouble TG.
That would be the Field Service Tech talkgroup. Usually they call in as Field Service.

west-pac

That would be the Field Service Tech talkgroup. Usually they call in as Field Service.
I haven't heard a "Field Service", but possibly a "Field Comm".

I heard several disconnects for non-payment, and discussions between the tech and dispatch about previous monthly meter usage, as if trying to determine if there was an electrical issue on-site causing the meter to run/over usage.