American Electric Power (AEP) P25 WACN 92715

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Here in the Canton Ohio area, at least three of the sites had SysID changes from 1F6 to 002. I'm not updating the database yet. I will not update the database unless I see more sites around me switch from SysID 1F6 to 002 AND see the neighbor lists for those sites start to reflect 002 instead of 1F6. Right now, for the sites with a SysID of 002, they are still sending out neighbor lists indicating that the SysID is 1F6.

They are certainly up to something though.

In the rest of Ohio, if you have access to one of the existing P25 sites that is in the DB and want to check it, please let us know if it's still 92715.1F6-##.## or if it has changed to 92715.002-##.## or something else.

Mike

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
SIte 95.95 is showing neighbor 25.25 CC 857.3875 Failed, Info Outdated, Isolated

Looks like that will be Wellsville WPLZ771

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
For those of you who can pull in any of the existing sites and monitor the control channel using Pro96Com, DSDPlus or Unitrunker, if you get a chance please check on those sites to see:

a. if any new freqs have been added
b. if any new neighbors are listed
c. if the SysID has changed from 1F6 (in Ohio) or 1FA (in Oklahoma)

New sites in East Ohio are still coming online, and in the past week four of those sites changed from SysID 1F6 to SysID 002.

So any/all relevant trunked information that you ccan get for every site that you can copy would be great. Feel free to post findings here.

Thanks

Mike

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
I did check and the old EDACS system is still online so i might have a way to see where it is

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
FWIW I saw activity on tg 2222 from the Wellsville site. I don't have audio and it may have been testing only since that was the day the extra freq was added to the site.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
FWIW I saw activity on tg 2222 from the Wellsville site. I don't have audio and it may have been testing only since that was the day the extra freq was added to the site.

I was hearing TG 2222 last night off the Steubenville tower and it was a patch from the EDACS system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
From Zanesville showing 3 site neighbors (using Pro96Comm)
View attachment 78042View attachment 78042

Thanks again. I've changed Zanesville from 1F6-42.42 to 002-42.42 in the DB. I've updated the neighbor list.

35.35 Newark (Licking)

44.44 Amesville (Athens) or Deersville (Harrison) or Mount Vernon (Knox) or Johnstown (Licking) or Stockport (Morgan) or Chillicothe (Ross)
- probably Johnstown but could be Mount Vernon or Stockport or Amesville

72.72 Lancaster (Fairfield) or Rome (Scioto) or Beverly (Washington)
- probably Lancaster or Beverly

Interestingly, Zanesville used to list Newark as a neighbor but isn't at the moment. Is there any chance the signal may have been weak and you weren't able to collect all of the neighbors? Could you try monitoring it again with Proscan and let it sit on the control channel for 5-10 minutes and then see if the neighbor list has changed at all?

I wonder if Newark is offline.

Also, for anyone watching, In Ohio there are a combination of 1F6-##.## and 002-##.## sites. They all used to be 1F6-##.##. And the sites that are now 002-##.## still list all neighbors as 1F6-##.## even though when you park on some of the neighbor control channels directly the sites themselves may say they are 002-##.##. So for anyone in Ohio watching, especially those people who have done some sleuthing before, it might be time to revisit as many sites as you can and see if any of the 1F6 sites that you monitored in the past are announcing themselves as 002 sites now. You would have to monitor the control channel of that specific site to know if the site has changed from 1F6-##.## to 002.##-##.

Another thing for everyone to remember is that right now this system is very much in its infancy -- I see changes to existing sites quite often. So, even though it would normally be unconceivable that a site 100 miles away might be a neighbor of a site you are monitoring, keep in mind that it could/would be a neighbor if (a) they wanted to list it as a neighbor and/or (b) if it's the closest online site in that direction. But, with that said, for neighbors whose control channel is on certain FCC licenses, it'll probably end up being that the neighbor site is the closest site out of all of the possible sites that have that neighbor control channel frequency.

Mike

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Did Columbus go off line? Only hearing dead air tonight.

You could always scan 851-861 MHz and see what kind of AEP P25 activity you're hearing. Other than that, I don't know who else in Columbus is ever listening to any AEP P25 stuff.

I'll say that over here in my neck of the woods some service trucks in Steubenville and New Philadelphia have new radios and are using the P25 sites that are online. Of course their radios (I am pretty sure) can pretty easily switch between the P25 and EDACS systems. No idea if there is anything more than random testing going on in Columbus. Who better to sleuth Columbus area systems than those that live in the Columbus area?

Mike

gtaman

You could always scan 851-861 MHz and see what kind of AEP P25 activity you're hearing. Other than that, I don't know who else in Columbus is ever listening to any AEP P25 stuff.

I'll say that over here in my neck of the woods some service trucks in Steubenville and New Philadelphia have new radios and are using the P25 sites that are online. Of course their radios (I am pretty sure) can pretty easily switch between the P25 and EDACS systems. No idea if there is anything more than random testing going on in Columbus. Who better to sleuth Columbus area systems than those that live in the Columbus area?

Mike

I’ll give it ago. The current Area I live in has a lot of 800 band noise. Work projects have been taking up my time and I have not started my DSD sniffing.