American Heroes Air Show

MRV1

Does anyone have a list or know where I can find the radio freq's that will be in use for tomorrow's American Heroes Air Show?

xilix

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been in a couple of years, but everytime I went, the Airboss was on 126.400 and ground was 121.05.

The Airboss freq was also used on the Huntington Beach Airshow last month.

Aircraft will be arriving between 7:00am - 9:00am.

Otter234

I am hoping I am going tomorrow, Is it analog, p25 or what? Just to make sure I am brining the right scanner

xilix

Premium Subscriber
I am hoping I am going tomorrow, Is it analog, p25 or what? Just to make sure I am brining the right scanner

The freqs I posted above are all analog in the civilian AM Aircraft band. Just about any scanner should be able to receive.
In previous years, LA City Fire would do a water drop demonstration. They would be on LA City Air Ops 119.975 and maybe their Air/ground at 154.830 (FM).

If you're at the event, the Airboss channel can give you an early warning if one of the rotors needs to depart for a call. They'll usually clear the field of all spectators before they lift off.

mike619

The best bet would be to bring a P25 capable scanner with close call capable of monitoring military and civilian air band, like an old BCD396XT would work.