American State National Licensing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADP07

Greetings~

I am an ex-patriated American State National Non-U.S. Citizen and have been wanting to be more involved with Amateur Radio.
I have a Kenwood TS-850S and have been listening for years and now would like to start talking. However I cannot get a license from the UNITED STATES Corporation's FCC division as I am not a Citizen of that corporation and they have no lawful jurisdiction over me. I have no Social Security Number, No Birth Certificate, No Drivers License as I have no contracts with that corporation. I do however have a membership with Amrron and that is the call sign I have and use. You can visit Amrron website and find me listed in the third list.

I have no problem taking online tests. I just cannot register with the U.S. Corporation's FCC division.

Is there anyone reading this that may have some input on my situation?

~Destry

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
In order to transmit in the amateur radio bands within the U.S. or the territories where radio is regulated by the FCC, you must have an Amateur Radio license that is either issued by the U.S. FCC or recognized by the FCC.

You probably need to take up your concerns with the FCC or the U.S. Congress which granted the FCC the authority to regulate radio communications in the U.S.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If you do not recognize the US Government, or the FCC as the agency having jurisdiction over the amateur radio bands here on US soil, then why do you care if you have a license or not?

There's plenty of unlicensed users on the amateur radio bands. If you get caught by the "corporation", then just tell them its OK, as you do not recognize them. I'm sure they'll understand.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
If you do not recognize the US Government, or the FCC as the agency having jurisdiction over the amateur radio bands here on US soil, then why do you care if you have a license or not?

There's plenty of unlicensed users on the amateur radio bands. If you get caught by the "corporation", then just tell them its OK, as you do not recognize them. I'm sure they'll understand.

I'm sure they will.....or not.

SCPD

QRT
Greetings. Unfortunately you will need to register with the fcc. Since your unable to due to certain circumstances you could contact them and inquire however you will need to meet the qualifications. I would not see this as a downfall but opportunity to discover the process and practice test on amature exams many give which will give you idea as well as study so when time comes you could take several tests and pass them all when you become a citizen. See it as a opportunity to educate and be ready for the exams and learn some stuff if you haven't or learn more you may not have discovered in past. Seems like a process but many have done it in past in your spot. Best wishes and good luck. It's never too late to do anything.

ADP07

In order to transmit in the amateur radio bands within the U.S. or the territories where radio is regulated by the FCC, you must have an Amateur Radio license that is either issued by the U.S. FCC or recognized by the FCC.

You probably need to take up your concerns with the FCC or the U.S. Congress which granted the FCC the authority to regulate radio communications in the U.S.

My situation is no different than an Amish, Canadian, or Mexican guy on the land here in America. The term "U.S. soil" is repugnant as the U.S. is a fictional Corporation I am outside of the U.S. but on the land. The U.S. is a piece of paper. An idea. Their policy enforcers"Police" ignore me and will not attempt to do business with me. They have me on a "Do not detain list" and have me barred from their courts. They refuse to pull me over when they identify me by my license plate that has no registration sticker.

The UNITED STATES is a bankrupt corporation that is civilly dead, do not exist in law, and cannot bring a claim against anyone. Reference H.J.R. 192 May 9th 1933.

Their Prosecutors who pursue you in their courts are not bankruptcy trustees appointed by the bankruptcy courts and are Felony impersonating a bankruptcy trustee every time they open their mouths in any court. I nailed them hard for this several years ago. I can't even get into a Federal Court since then.

FCC rules are just that.. rules. They are NOT law. I ran across a court record where A Judge threw out a FCC complaint against a non-licensed ham operator on 10 meter because of this.

Though I may not be bound by those rules, I still wish to honor those rules. Those rules keep the ham bands nice and clean and a pleasant experience for good folks to communicate without the mess that 11 meter has. I just cannot contract with them to regulate me and penalize me.

Like I said, I have been a listener for many years now. I do spend a lot of time listening on 80 meter, and 160 meter. I have a few friends in the area that are licensed operators that I do communicate with just outside CB frequencies. They mentioned I ask around about my issue as they have no answers.

You mentioned "recognized by the FCC" and what is recognized?

RFI-EMI-GUY

Have you heard of the "sovereign citizen" group and movement?
As far as "closing" this thread, not yet anyhow, I'd like to see what else comes from that op.

Clue; everything you need is in the OP, google is your friend. OP is living in a parallel dimension. Blue pill or Red pill?

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Having never heard of AmRRON before, I visited the website. Ironically, even they insist that anyone wishing to participate in their nets must have a valid FCC license...

They even provide extensive links to both written ARRL publications, and on-line study guides and practice tests. :cool:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
My situation is no different than an Amish, Canadian, or Mexican guy on the land here in America.

Under a reciprocity agreement with the US, my Canadian amateur radio licence allows me to operate in the US.

Since your political entity has no such agreement with the US, you must obtain an FCC licence to operate in the US.

Totally different situation.

RFI-EMI-GUY

"My situation is no different than an Amish, Canadian, or Mexican guy on the land here in America. "

Yes, all of them can obtain a birth certificate, a drivers license, a passport, and even an amateur radio license from the respective governments where they were born or where they have citizenship.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
"My situation is no different than an Amish, Canadian, or Mexican guy on the land here in America. "

Yes, all of them can obtain a birth certificate, a drivers license, a passport, and even an amateur radio license from the respective governments where they were born or where they have citizenship.

Not to mention the Amish (here) are US Citizens and residents anyway. So it's not even a comparison with Mexican or Canadian citizens.

ADP07

Would you rather me not do any research and just jump on the bands and start modulating? Or do you think it would be a good idea to investigate options first like getting on this forum and asking? Seems to me that it would be much more respectful to others to ask first. Don't you agree? I think it would be very disrespectful to close this thread and ban me. I own many websites and forums and would never treat any of my users like that! Shame on you.

And I am an American national born here in America. Because I chose not to reside within the corporate U.S. Does not mean I am an illegal. I have traced my heritage all the way back to the early 1700's New York. If many of you have no knowledge about UNITED STATES INC. versus the united states of America, then that is our issue here. I have an internationally upheld right of self determination where I choose to live. I chose to live under the Constitution and not UNITED STATES CODE.

If you go to Title 5 U.S.C. sections 556 and 557 you will see a clear distinction between U.S. Citizens and American state nationals. My status is completely lawful and accepted.

I came to this forum to seek out any others who have had a similar situation and learn from them. Not to get ridiculed by those of you who have no idea and lack knowledge of law and standing and that are convinced of your own superiority.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Not to mention the Amish (here) are US Citizens and residents anyway. So it's not even a comparison with Mexican or Canadian citizens.

I gotta wonder how many Amish have amateur licenses? Is that even a thing for them? Maybe crank powered QRP is ok..

RFI-EMI-GUY

Would you rather me not do any research and just jump on the bands and start modulating? Or do you think it would be a good idea to investigate options first like getting on this forum and asking? Seems to me that it would be much more respectful to others to ask first. Don't you agree? I think it would be very disrespectful to close this thread and ban me. I own many websites and forums and would never treat any of my users like that! Shame on you.

And I am an American national born here in America. Because I chose not to reside within the corporate U.S. Does not mean I am an illegal. I have traced my heritage all the way back to the early 1700's New York. If many of you have no knowledge about UNITED STATES INC. versus the united states of America, then that is our issue here. I have an internationally upheld right of self determination where I choose to live. I chose to live under the Constitution and not UNITED STATES CODE.

If you go to Title 5 U.S.C. sections 556 and 557 you will see a clear distinction between U.S. Citizens and American state nationals. My status is completely lawful and accepted.

I came to this forum to seek out any others who have had a similar situation and learn from them. Not to get ridiculed by those of you who have no idea and lack knowledge of law and standing and that are convinced of your own superiority.
I would suggest completing this application for an FRN to the best of your ability. Once you do that, take the appropriate license examination with a VEC. That is all there is to it. FYI, you don't need to be a US citizen to get a US amateur license. You do need a US POSTAL address.

https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

ADP07

I gotta wonder how many Amish have amateur licenses? Is that even a thing for them? Maybe crank powered QRP is ok..
None do that I am aware of. Jurisdiction is the same as with me though... none.
I do have some Amish in the neighborhood who use a bobcat for working with lumber. Also known as an Amish Cadillac. And use Diesel Generators to run their machine shop. Yes they cheat.

I would suggest completing this application for an FRN to the best of your ability. Once you do that, take the appropriate license examination with a VEC. That is all there is to it. FYI, you don't need to be a US citizen to get a US amateur license. You do need a US POSTAL address.

https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do

That I will try. Thanks for an educated answer unlike some of the previous answers.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
You mentioned "recognized by the FCC" and what is recognized?
The FCC recognizes amateur radio licenses from certain foreign countries. For example, Canadian amateur radio operators can transmit in the amateur radio bands within the U.S. using their Canadian licenses.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I have helped two Japanese citizens obtain US amateurs licenses by providing a US Postal address. They found a VEC in Japan themselves. One now has an Extra license.

Status
Not open for further replies.