Americare Ambulance ( Lafayette )

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessiedawg

For about the past month, I have started to see Americare Ambulances around town. At first I thought they were an out-of-town ambulance. However I have seen them parked a few times in the parking lots around Sagamore Pkwy in WL with the crew just sitting in the truck. Another time early one morning in a parking lot in Lafayette. It almost looks like they are "on-station".

Does anyone know anything about them, or what radio frequencies they may be using? I can't find anything, other than for around Bunker Hill.

Go-24

bessiedawg said:
I have seen them parked a few times in the parking lots around Sagamore Pkwy in WL with the crew just sitting in the truck.

Crazy you should mention them. I seen one for the first time this evening - seen it headed onto the happy hollow exit just east of the old kmart in WL.

Earlier this week, I also heard a WL officer ask dispatch who the weird looking ambulance was - not sure if its the same crew, but dispatch said they were from Benton County.

Maybe Tippecanoe County are calling them in for coverage?

bessiedawg

Could be. The only other thing I could think of is that the county ambulance service might be considering a contract with them for all the time consuming nursing home runs that they have to take. ( Which by the way, I'm always amazed that they respond signal-10 to most of those. ) It's probably getting busy enough that the county service should be more focused on 911 runs. Maybe they are givng this company a try or something.

Guess we will find out eventually.

Go-24

I agree, I am totally amazed at the 911 / EMS runs. People call 911 for the stupiest things, but I reckon if they dont have automobiles or someone close to respond thats their only option. It might be wise though for the county to respond to those less urgent calls with their 2nd or 3rd string runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.