Ames Prepares For Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2mdk

Premium Subscriber
Don't know whether it's just precautionary or they have information, but they are setting up for new flooding down on the South side of town. It's were the flooding occurred a week or so ago. They are getting piles of sand setup and having barricades dropped off in those areas.
I guess it's a wait now and see how things progress.

mikeydcg2003

I went driving around awhile ago and saw that walnut and beaver creeks were quite high up where they start north of dsm in dallas county. Also have been putting a good monitor on Saylorville. Hopefully they can keep it from going over the emergency spillway. Hopefully we can dry out the next few days before it rains again.

n2mdk

Premium Subscriber
There was some flooding here today, they were talking about it rising after 2;30 AM and into tomorrow mid morning. It does make for some interesting listening.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
What roads are closed in des moines... I coming in from the north and I have a flight to catch...

I'm thinking Fluer is prolly closed and take 14th to army post and over?

REQUEST LOCAL INSIGHT

mikeydcg2003

Fluer Is Closed, George Flagg Pkwy is Closed, The road around Sec Taylor i assue will be closed now. All roads into saylorville short of Acorn Valley Campground, Prairie Flower Campground and Cherry Glenn Campground are closed, This includes the Spillway and roads around the Emrg. Spillway. Hwy 30 Between Ogden and Boone is Closed. Hope this helps to all who may venture

Status
Not open for further replies.