Amherst NY Police Dept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjfruth

Long time lurker, first post.....

I searched, here and on other forums, and listened, and scanned.... And no luck. Where did the Amherst PD go to? The frequency listed in the DB is inactive, and there are no feeds active on Broadcasting.

Any ideas?

Sent from a device without a rotary dial....

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Amherst, NY PD

What I believe has happened is that there is no Longer I feed provider for the Amherst PD..That goes for most of the Law enforcement feeds in Erie County. Keep looking occasionally, maybe someday someone else will set up a feed...

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Im monitoring them right now on their posted freq in the DB, they are still active on whats posted

mjfruth

Im monitoring them right now on their posted freq in the DB, they are still active on whats posted

OK, thanks! I guess it's time for a higher antenna. I foolishly assumed that because the posted Fire Dispatch was booming in here I should at least hear something on the PD Freq.

Mea Culpa....lol

ak716

Premium Subscriber
idk if its your antenna or settings, because I'm in the south towns using an okay (nothing special) antenna, and getting them crystal clear. id rule out your programming and your pl/dpl tones first (if you haven't done that already)

mjfruth

It must be my location....I cannot hear them on 3 different radios - a base and two handhelds. I'll try it again from a different location with a handheld next time I go out.

Thanks!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It must be my location....I cannot hear them on 3 different radios - a base and two handhelds. I'll try it again from a different location with a handheld next time I go out.

Thanks!

Did you try all 3 without the pl/dpl tones?

mjfruth

Did you try all 3 without the pl/dpl tones?
Yep....no joy....I even tried it on my SDR setup.....I'm not even seeing a blip on the spectrum analyzer or the waterfall display. Weird, I might be in some sort of shadow.....

Sent from a device without a rotary dial.....

Status
Not open for further replies.