Amite louisiana 700 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
Radio Reference is showing Amite La Police dept having a frequency of 155.01000. Nothing coming over this frequency. I spoke to the assistant police chief and he told me they recently went to a 700 mhz system that the department of homeland security put in place. How can I find this frequency? Brian

N8IAA

Go to the RR database, click on LA, click on your county.
It has joined the statewide system- LWIN.
You'll need a newer P-25, Phase I scanner to hear your county.
Larry

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
re

I went to the database under tangipahoa parish then to amite. they are not showing the new frequencies. just the 155.010? I have a uniden homepatrol

JamesPrine

Amite PD

Many smaller departments in Tangipahoa Parish have switched to LWIN, including infamous speed trap Tickfaw P.D. I suspect that the Amite Police will retain their conventional frequency for special events or when LWIN is having troubles. For a few days, even the Ponchatoula Police were using LWIN, but they've switched back to their usual VHF high frequency. Good luck with your monitoring activities!

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
James- Do you know the amite pd freq? is not loaded on the homepatrol database

N8IAA

I went to the database under tangipahoa parish then to amite. they are not showing the new frequencies. just the 155.010? I have a uniden homepatrol
If you look above the conventional frequencies, it shows a link to LWIN. Click on it, and you will see the frequencies and tower sites.
Scroll down the page until you come to your county. There are plenty of TGID's corresponding to the various agencies on the system. This is a digital P-25, Phase I trunk system. No conventional 700MHz frequencies.
Larry

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
Larry. I dont see any corresponding this for amite. Am I missing something. Thanks. Brian KF5WGK

SCPD

QRT
It is possible the Amite PD talkgroup has not been confirmed yet. If you have a compatible scanner then it is time to program it for your location and do some old fashioned searching.

n5ims

Brian.

You may get better results if you report the thread to the admins (use that little red triangle with the ! in it, top right corner of every post) and ask that they move it to the Louisiana Discussion forum. That should get folks in your area a better chance to see it and may have better information to provide you.

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
talked with a lt from amite pd this morning and he told me that legally the frequencies cannot be given out.

huntingbri

Premium Subscriber
called emco in hammond la that does all the radio programming for amites lwin system and they said the frequencies are not public info

N8IAA

talked with a lt from amite pd this morning and he told me that legally the frequencies cannot be given out.

There are all kinds of ways to find the frequencies, but, since your county is on the statewide system, they are here on RR in the database.
You would need to have a scanner that does P-25, Phase I decoding.
Then you would set up your scanner to monitor the TGID's.
Then you could listen for what TGID your city is dispatched on. It's not the same as when there were conventional frequencies.
And, the Lt. doesn't know what he's talking about.
There is a tower site with the 700MHz frequencies listed in the database here on RR.
Larry

DJ11DLN

Again, not true. They are listed on the FCC website. They are public info.
Larry

Yes but the person he asked about it may not know that. I used to get the same sort of cold shoulder asking about the new system that my old agency switched to in the late '90s, from people I'd worked with a lot and who knew I wasn't going to do anything nefarious with anything I heard. They told me it was "classified information" and that they could get in trouble for telling me. Absolutely refused to believe that if the department had a license, everything about it is public info. They knew it wasn't true because they'd been told that it was "absolutely private." Whether it was the top cop or the Moto guy who told them, did not matter, they believed it until proved wrong.

I think they call that "garbage in = garbage out." Thank God for RR, it makes things so much easier!:lol:

JamesPrine

Because of Katrina, I now reside near Ponchatoula. I used to monitor Amite, Independence, and other small departments, but gave up because of the large volume of 'bravo sierra' traffic; now I primarily monitor Troop L and the New Orleans Police Department (I used to work for them). More interesting to listen to than barking dog, cable service out, and missing newspaper calls <g>.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I believe APD is mainly dispatched by TPSO. Monitor the tg's on the LWIN for TPSO.

JamesPrine

Amite PD Dispatch

I believe APD is mainly dispatched by TPSO. Monitor the tg's on the LWIN for TPSO.

Correct. Some of the smaller agencies can only afford part-time dispatchers...usually for the day watch. At one time, Independence Police had no evening or night dispatchers, the officer(s) on patrol had to carry the Department cell phone out in the field. Plus they received traffic from TPSO, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.