Amplified Speaker HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Anyone recommend an "amplified speaker", for the HP 2.

Would like to have one that has "bass and treble" adjustments.

Thanks

marksmith

For those features you should consider PC speakers.
Most PC speakers don't even have that level of control unless you find some more expensive ones.

I would also suggest that bass and treble control are not really necessary since the spectrum of voice is very narrow and won't be effected much.

I have used a bunch of different pc speakers with the hp1 and hp2 that sound great.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

DeDawg

I would also suggest that bass and treble control are not really necessary since the spectrum of voice is very narrow and won't be effected much.

I would not agree, depending on your age and hearing, tone modification can make a huge difference in intelligibility.

Also, I find the P25 P2 sound on the Uniden radios very heavy in the low frequencies, crating a muddy sound hard to understand.

marksmith

I would not agree, depending on your age and hearing, tone modification can make a huge difference in intelligibility.

Also, I find the P25 P2 sound on the Uniden radios very heavy in the low frequencies, crating a muddy sound hard to understand.
The 536 has a muddy deep voice not just on p2 but everything. I don't think other Uniden radios are like that.

A powered speaker is not needed to fix the sound on the 536, but an external speaker helps, because of the odd speaker tone in the 536 and because it's down firing.

In general, however, since the OP is talking about the hp2, which does not have this tone issue, a standard set of pc speakers, without bass and treble controls, works very well.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

BigC801

Some DMR talkgroups are this way too, can't understand them at all with the overpowering bass on the 536hp

bee

I have an amplified speaker for my HP 2, in my car, and it has a "bass and treble" adjustments on it.

But I am having some problems with it. All the information I can find on it, for a name is, "CUBE & DOCK".

Never heard of that name before.

Status
Not open for further replies.