amplified speaker q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
I've seen various posts on this but no real clear answer. Anyone have a good idea for a decent amplified external speaker for the PSR 500 Handheld? I don't want some crappy looking $5 Motorola relic and I really I don't want to dump $50 on a radio shock amp speaker and have to look for another power source for it. I saw some of the little fold up one's used for xm radio's and mp3 players that use batteries and was wondering if anyone had any luck with those.

thanks in advance

Kev

DickH

... I don't want some crappy looking $5 Motorola relic and I really I don't want to dump $50 on a radio shock amp speaker and have to look for another power source for it. I saw some of the little fold up one's used for xm radio's and mp3 players that use batteries and was wondering if anyone had any luck with those.

Then you don't want to take the advice of people who really know from years of experience. Go and buy some toy type thing for an MP3 player if you want. It may look good, but it won't give good results.

KC0QNB

How about a set of $20 pc speakers from Wal Mart, you might need a mono to stereo plug adapter though, I have a set of Altec-Lansing amplified computer speakers they work quite well. Here is a link. The ones I have a generation back but look the same.

Tom_G

The relics from Motorola and/or GE will actually give excellent audio.
If you can find a Motorola. it will blow you out of the room with volume.

Best of luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.