Amplified Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
I recently switched from my Whistler 1065 to my Whistler TRX-1 in my vehicle. I was wondering what people are using for an external speaker in their vehicles? I know I can route the TRX-1 using the AUX outlet of the vehicle's stereo system but I also want to listen to the stereo.

Just wondering what type of amplified speakers people are using that can withstand the diverse climates we have here in Southwestern Ontario, the hot humid summer temps and the below freezing temps in the winter.

Pictures and any other info would be greatly appreciated.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Maybe look into the Uniden BC20, 23A or 7 speakers, they are meant for vehicles. I ordered one for myself to use indoors on my SDS200 (this one https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009TNABQ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I have a TRX too, but I just use regular Logitech speakers on those and it works fine, but I understand that would probably not work in a car. From the look of it those speakers seem pretty good for vehicles, maybe somebody else here who has one can report on its quality.

Uniden speakers just plug in with a single 3.5mm jack it seems, no other power connections needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.