AMR Abbott Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyWest35

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the new AMR Abbot Ambulance frequencies in the St louis area? I heard they are now trunked but really not sure. I have their old frequencies on UHF but do not receive anything. I do pick up Gateway Ambulance on their DMR frequencies.

VASCAR2

There was a televised news report where AMR in southwestern Indiana was using a cell phone app for all dispatching of ambulance and wheel chair nonemergency transports. The two way radios were going to be used only for back up. When a call for service was received by dispatch the information plus mapped location was sent to the ambulance crew via cell phones. All other related information was transmitted through the cell phone. I’ve heard other regions covered by American Medical Response (AMR) are using the same system.

The wiki page for St Louis County showed AMR using digital dispatching. There might be very limited voice traffic to be heard on any trunked or conventional radio system. I’m not sure if Abbot AMR is related to AMR in southern Indiana and Kentucky. There have been a couple of threads discussing AMR radio traffic disappearing around Louisville and Lexington IIRC.

jtimblin1

Premium Subscriber
Abbott uses computer/mobile phone dispatching for almost all of their calls. I have occasionally heard radio traffic on their "EMS: Dispatch - IL (Belleville) [MED-9]" which can be found on the St. Louis County Database page.

KeyWest35

Premium Subscriber
There was a televised news report where AMR in southwestern Indiana was using a cell phone app for all dispatching of ambulance and wheel chair nonemergency transports. The two way radios were going to be used only for back up. When a call for service was received by dispatch the information plus mapped location was sent to the ambulance crew via cell phones. All other related information was transmitted through the cell phone. I’ve heard other regions covered by American Medical Response (AMR) are using the same system.

The wiki page for St Louis County showed AMR using digital dispatching. There might be very limited voice traffic to be heard on any trunked or conventional radio system. I’m not sure if Abbot AMR is related to AMR in southern Indiana and Kentucky. There have been a couple of threads discussing AMR radio traffic disappearing around Louisville and Lexington IIRC.
Thanks . That pretty much explains

KeyWest35

Premium Subscriber

Thanks for the info.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
jtimblin1 is correct. Computer aided dispatching on a cell phone type device and using 462.975 as a back up if the computers go down in MO and 462.950 for IL units for the same. You will have better luck hearing the IL units as their repeater works fairly well. The MO repeater is pretty much shot. Not sure if it will ever work right.

There are Abbott units in Marion and Franklin counties (IL) that I believe use VHF freqs. Probably listed in database. Also use StarCom up in Effingham for dispatching. Up there I think the sheriff or local PD dispatches them.

Hope that helps. Wish they were using radios like before. Even though most of it was transfers they were very busy radio channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.