AMR / Acadian Deal - Jackson County

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

I haven't heard anything, but Acadian is still maintaining service in Jackson County full time. In fact they have a talkgroup on the county trs which is patched to their dispatch freq. That information Milf posted was quite some time ago, and my guess is that plan fell through.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Last I heard they were talking about just keeping it going, though they did pull out of Rankin Co.,... and were talking to Emergistat at one point about Jackson Co... but its been months since i heard anything new... The original plan was to pull out of all MS locations.... They pulled out of Adams Co, and let the other three run there. They pulled out of Rankin for AMR, and canceled thier mutual aid with Warren in lieu of Emergistat and AMR. Not sure if they still have any assets in Northern Louisianna at all any more. I will see if any of my old contacts are still employed with MEMA vias e-mail and they would know the status of all EMS services in MS.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Emergystat is making there way into Mississippi pretty good. They have Tunica County, Coahoma County, Bolivar County, Sunflower County, and share emergency calls with Delta Regional Medical Center in Greenville in Washington County.

They took over Bolivar County a few months when Bolivar Medical Center in Cleveland "leased" its ambulance service to Emergystat. Rural Metro decided to pull out of Tunica County and let Emergystat come in an take over. I don't care for Emergystat too much, but oh well.

I'm sure they'll start trying ot snake in on the coast somehow or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.