AMR Boulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfab

As most of you probably already know, AMR has taken over the boulder city and county contracts, replacing pridemark's 10+ years of service to both areas. I know AMR is going to be dispatched on the fire channels (and i've noticed AMR dispatches direct instead of generically. i.e. "2503 and AMR 1" instead of "2503 and AMR".

Does anyone know if AMR is using their Denver LTR system in Boulder, or are they going to be using a different system/freq?

Thanks!

For the four dedicated city ambulances they will be dispatched by boulder fire, and boulder fire only. Each ambulance has a district they cover, and like fire engines will cover other districts from their station when those cars are on calls. They still have the capability to communicate with AMR dispatch with an LTR radio they have in their ambulances. Back-up ambulances into the city are dispatched by AMR into the city to hold a post via AMR LTR and then will be dispatched by the city.

There is also a dedicated ambulance for the county (AMR 11) that responds out of Boulder. I'm not sure though if they are dispatched by AMR dispatch once a Red 1 call goes out for them or if they go on their own after a tone. I was really hoping for a new tone but it didn't change. I really wanted to hear new tones for a change.

Here are their radio numbers
AMR 1 is stationed near Broadway & High
AMR 2 is at their Boulder HQ at Pearl & Foothills
AMR 3 is near the Y
AMR 4 is stationed near Foothills and Table Mesa
AMR 5-10 are city Back-Up
AMR 11-Dedicated County Car (been told stationed with AMR 1 or AMR 3)
AMR 12-19 are county Back-up
AMR 20-29 are for use if "crap hits the fan" and they need a lot of cars

nathancarlson

Will this possibly help out Longmont as well when they need additional buses? I know that many times when all of Longmonts are tied up on calls, they call some in from somewhere, and most of the time are called off within minutes of going into service for the city. I miss the good old days when the county all operated with the same company. But I am sure it makes it much easier for each municipality to manage their ambulances and know where they are at all times. I am glad that the City of Boulder and the County seem to be working together at least. Is there much traffic on the LTR system? I have not really ever listened to it since Longmonts are controlled entirely by Longmont Fire Dispatch. I enjoyed listening to Pridemarks channel to hear all the different post locations, ect so i will kind of miss that.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Great information Chris and thanks.

Nathan I believe the Longmont FD / AMR contract is much different than Boulder / AMR whereas Longmont FD really controls those units, there even lettered such I believe so any M/A agreements would probably be from LFD and not AMR if the city or county is getting busy.

Jim<

OK thanks! so we should expect to hear a lot of traffic on AMRs system similar to whats gone on with Pridemark?

Nope, not on a routine bases. The four cars that are dedicated to Boulder don't talk to AMR at all when responding to calls. Though they can if they need some type of help. The only time you may hear AMR posting in Boulder on the LTR system is when an outside AMR unit such as 2421 comes in to cover the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.