AMR Contra Costa County

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Not hearing anything either.

Looks like the license was transfered to CDRT Acquisition Corporation, which looks to be a medical company.

I know Alameda County lost the AMR contract, maybe Contra Costa lost it too? Have to search around for new freq.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
463.2875 is the local home channel to Site 55 - Mt Diablo, on the Fisher Wireless TeamTalk PassPort system. Coco county animal control is also on the system on site 55.

No scanners are currently made that can track Passport, however it can be listened to in conventional mode. 5 years ago or so I was listening to AMR Lifecom in San Joaquin/Stanislaus counties on the same system, and it's still in the DB.

kma371

QRT
463.2875 is the local home channel to Site 55 - Mt Diablo, on the Fisher Wireless TeamTalk PassPort system. Coco county animal control is also on the system on site 55.

No scanners are currently made that can track Passport, however it can be listened to in conventional mode. 5 years ago or so I was listening to AMR Lifecom in San Joaquin/Stanislaus counties on the same system, and it's still in the DB.

Lifecom was never on the passport system in san Joaquin county/stanislaus. It's been discussed here several times. I've always listened to them in conventional mode with a DCS tone.

I believe they use a conventional freq locally that just so happens to also be part of a nearby LTR system

I Listened last night to 463.2875 and never heard a peep from AMR.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Nice. AMR always seems to make stupid radio decisions. The majority of the UHF systems up on Diablo are getting interference from KMAX (TV station) up there. I'm dealing with it too at North Peak. Not fun stuff.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Lifecom was never on the passport system in san Joaquin county/stanislaus. It's been discussed here several times. I've always listened to them in conventional mode with a DCS tone.

I believe they use a conventional freq locally that just so happens to also be part of a nearby LTR system

I Listened last night to 463.2875 and never heard a peep from AMR.

Back when I was mapping that Fisher Passport system Lifecom had discreet talkgroups called "Control 1", "Control 2" and "Control 3." They were simulcast from a bunch of sites on the system including the Diablo site 55 being discussed now, and the talkgroups are probably still on the Fisher TeamTalk page in the db where I left them. ;)

There was some controversy on Bayscan around the time they switched that AMR would move public safety critical communications to a commercial radio system (that also happens to be unscannable). I heard that since that time they either switched Lifecom back to the conventional frequencies, or they're simulcasting/patching the conventional repeaters and the PassPort talkgroups. (I'm not in the bay area to check but if they were still on the PassPort system you'd hear them on the Site 55 Diablo Remote Home Ch - 452.275.) It sounds like AMR is trying the same thing with Coco that they tried back then with Lifecom.

I'm not discounting your story but that's how I remember it.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
You'll know Passport when you hear it because of the obnoxious idle channel burst, which keys up the repeater sounding like a "ker-chunk" every 3 to 10 seconds. It's actually a fairly complicated subaudible data OSW telling the idle radios the bandplan of the system, the registering frequencies of neighboring sites and help the users roam between sites using RSSI. :)

Wayne sorry to hear about the KMAX interference, I'm surprised they're not on those 2000 ft tall towers in Walnut Grove.

kma371

QRT
HI, AMR is using 463.2875 its part of the LTR Passport system

When I monitored 463.2875 during the down time I only heard CoCos Animal Control.

I guess it's possible they were on that system, but that freq wasnt in use.

Inigo, I admit you were right. I remember that now about the initial use of the passport system.

They (san Joaquin AMR) are actually using two conventional freqs now for dispatching. One is just the dispatcher however.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
They (san Joaquin AMR) are actually using two conventional freqs now for dispatching. One is just the dispatcher however.

No worries, I wouldn't have remembered either if it weren't for the fact that I was playing around with dataslicers and the LTRdump program that can decode PassPort during that time, so I actually found the Lifecom talkgroups. :)

I think I remember hearing they were extremely unhappy with the system back then which is why they switched to conventional. Hearing that Coco AMR is back on their normal 900 MHz radios, I wonder if this is a case of Coco AMR doing the same thing? (5 years later haha!)

Status
Not open for further replies.