Amr Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerrex

AMR will probably end up with the independent Metro in Natchez sooner or later. The founders/owners are all former AMR people who went into business for themselves many years ago. They've given AMR one hell of a run, but with population shrinking, only one hospital in Natchez now, they're approaching retirement age etc. Somebody will gladly gobble their 15-20 units up, and I'm sure AMR is hoping it's them.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
So Community closed doors? Didn't know about that. That indeed only leaves NRMC. And if AMR doesn't gobble them up, then Med Express will as they are growing. And AAA is growing also as they gobbled up EMServe didn't they? And since AMR owns MedStat that also adds in Copiah County as exclusively AMR except for the KDH runs along the Lincoln County line. CCMC EMS was MedStat after Hardy Wilson quit its own EMS and contracted with them, then changed name to Copiah County Medical Center.

rangerrex

Merit Health owned Community at the time it bought county owned NRMC. Shut the doors on Community, moved everything to NRMC and changed name to Merit Health Natchez. All within last couple of years. County is completely out of hospital biz.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
I was there a few months ago when it was beung built, the inside is nice and it is much better and more solid then the old Wilson building

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
They are using dmr encrypted and some in the clear on hctrs and on 155.400 in Simpson county with it reaching to parts of the metro area.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Yeah it is only going dispatch so the can be interoperable.
As the vhf channels are going to be in the clear just so vhf local f d department's can communicate with them

rangerrex

Interesting development in Jefferson and Claiborne County. AMR, which enjoyed designated provider status for years, has been replaced by ASAP ambulance service in both counties. The ASAP units are being dispatched from Hazlehurst on MSWIN TG 42038. AMR's piece of the pie in southwest MS shrinks now to designated in Wilkinson and Amite and rotation in Adams County. AMR is still using the crappy analog radio system, which only seems to work well in the Natchez/Ferriday areas.

Last edited:

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
AMR Frequencies

You can still receive AMR on the old Hinds County system for dispatch and the units on Hinds Co Fire Dispatch. They have a talk group on the new Hinds system even though they are not using it. It is my understanding they will have to switch over eventually because the old system will be taken out of service. This is on 800. The high band is encrypted in Hinds and Simpson counties.

Hammerguy69

VHF DMR Full Time Encrypted on all 3 freqs, and all TGs/Slots, as well as the in the clear simulcast on the Hinds TRS, and also have an TG on the MSWIN once the Hinds conversion/migration is completed.

AMR does not have talkgroup on MSWIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.