AMR LA County UHF frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
So I think the forums have basically covered the deal with AMR and low band in Los Angeles County. But what about UHF? I can confirm the use of Green 1 & 2 in the AV & Santa Clarita, but I need some assistance in finding out if the other UHF channels are still active.

Santa Clarita 460.55, 100 PL
Irwindale Simulcast
Palmdale Simulcast

For bonus points, if anybody has current info on these ambulances and what they use, I'll be even happier :)

Schaefer ambulance, specifically Glendale
Bowers ambulance, specifically North Hollywood
Impulse ambulance, based out of SFV
Mauran ambulance, out of San Fernando.

Any info provided is very much appreciated

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
AMR UHF

460.55 is no longer being used... the license expired and was not renewed

The simulcast channels are only heard in the AV area... the UHF simulcast is the receive frequency of the link to the AMR AV dispatch center on West Avenue J near AV hospital from the mountaintop over SGV (the simulcast is actually the link into the dispatch center from the lowband frequencies used in the eastern LA County area).

AMR Stations in SCV:
Station 1: Castaic Industrial Park (on Ave Tibbits)
Station 2: Saugus (On Bouquet Cyn Rd)
Station 3: Stevenson Ranch (near CalArts)
Station 4: Canyon Country (Across from FS107)
Station 5: Newhall (Lyons Ave at Orchard Village)

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Yea I thought the 2nd SCV one was weird since I have recently seen LA County fire's radios, and that channel is still programmed in. Interesting about the Irwindale channel, no wonder I never hear anything on that channel in Irwindale!

VNC4323

Only Green 1 and 2 are still being used. The rest are programmed still on most units but dispatch can only be reached on those two so thats all that any crew uses.

cjrustt

Impulse Ambulance

Impulse Ambulance primarily uses AT&T PTT "Nextel" type phones for contacting dispatch and other units. The ALS rigs are mounted with either 1 or 2 Kenwood NX 700/800 type 2 Way Radios as well as one Kenwood TK-2217 mobile radio used for making base hospital contact. All radios are programmed with the standard LAC Med Channels, however none of the radios are programmed to use the MED 10-A Hailing channel, so base hospitals are still hailed on MED 9-A. The radios are set to use multiple repeaters throughout LA county, however dispatch and the crews never change the radio from the Mt. Lukens repeater in Glendale. The frequencies used are 471.6125 and 472.8000. Radio traffic on these frequencies is very rare, and usually the only time a crew will use the radios is to make base contact or if their AT&T phone dies.

-CJ

LBH

Anyone know what freqs the AMR in the SGV are using now. I was there last month and the old UHF was silent.

The UHF link to Johnstone Peak has been down for a few years. It dated back to the Crippen days.

Currently, it seems that AMR is running a repeater on 47.46 on Mt. Lukens and another on 47.62 on Johnstone Peak for their southern San Gabriel/Pomona Valleys operations in exclusive operating area (EOA) 5. Dispatch is on both, but the mobiles are only repeated on the machine they are using.

This should be changing as the new contracts recently awarded gave the 2006 EOA 5 area, known in 2016 as EOA 4, to Care Ambulance, although this award has been contested.

This would leave AMR in only the Santa Clarita and Antelope Valleys.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
The UHF link to Johnstone Peak has been down for a few years. It dated back to the Crippen days.

Currently, it seems that AMR is running a repeater on 47.46 on Mt. Lukens and another on 47.62 on Johnstone Peak for their southern San Gabriel/Pomona Valleys operations in exclusive operating area (EOA) 5. Dispatch is on both, but the mobiles are only repeated on the machine they are using.

This should be changing as the new contracts recently awarded gave the 2006 EOA 5 area, known in 2016 as EOA 4, to Care Ambulance, although this award has been contested.

Odd. I read the CA EMS Zone excel from the beginning of this month. It shows McCormick getting EOA 4 and AMR getting EOA 5 (old Care EOA 6). Must have been printed wrong.

Last edited:

PaulNDaOC

The EOA areas have changed. EOA-1 is Antelope Valley and Santa Clarita both and will remain AMR.

McCormick (EOA-7, 8 & 9) retains what it previously had.

The remaining 4 are all contested by two additional proposers, and are currently undergoing appeal. In the interim each will be administered under short-term contracts until a new provider is finalized..

If the final decision remains Schaefer ends up losing everything except Monrovia and AMR will loses it's part of the San Gabriel Valley, both to Care.

If upheld:

EOA-2 Monrovia previously Schaefer back to Schaefer.

EOA-3 SGValley Foothills and Pomona previously Schaefer, won by Care.

EOA-4 South SGValley lost by AMR to Care

EOA-5 South East LA County- Care back to Care

(EOA-6 Compton stays same which I thinlk is MCCormick)

Matakovich1

10yrs ago the people in LA County that decide what service gets what area went out of their way to break up the AMR controled areas. They said that there is enough for everyone to have a slice of the county pie. Now 10yrs later they want to let one company Care have the most of the pie. They should just leave it the way it is and not cause so many issues.

KE7JFF

Wait, AMR runs low band there? That would be interesting to see on their rigs...

Status
Not open for further replies.