AMR on 47.460 C146.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
The freq and tone is listed as 'Los Angeles' in the database, however... this afternoon I'm only hearing service calls and units in Santa Clarita.

SCPD

QRT
Last year I asked if anyone had insight as the usage of the VHF-Lo frequencies as they often are patched together, or seemingly have assigned coverage areas switched around making monitoring confusing.

http://forums.radioreference.com/gr...-amr-ambulance-los-angeles-county-vhf-lo.html

=

hey i have 47.4600 programmed as LAFD on a old scanner and it is LAFD however per the database on this website this frequency shows up with no search results. i need a PL or CTCSS tone for this freq. The scanner picking this freq up is in Ventura, CA

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
hey i have 47.4600 programmed as LAFD on a old scanner and it is LAFD however per the database on this website this frequency shows up with no search results. i need a PL or CTCSS tone for this freq. The scanner picking this freq up is in Ventura, CA

I've been following LAFD for more than 35 years and I've never heard of a LAFD 47 MHz (Special Emergency) frequency. Maybe the City's old Receiving Hospital ambulance frequency prior to LAFD taking over in 1970?

SCPD

QRT
I've been following LAFD for more than 35 years and I've never heard of a LAFD 47 MHz (Special Emergency) frequency. Maybe the City's old Receiving Hospital ambulance frequency prior to LAFD taking over in 1970?

Maybe I am wrong, who uses the frequency that is closest to Ventura ?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The only current (since 2002) licensee on 47.46 in L.A., Santa Barbara and Ventura counties is AMR.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
ANAVAGH, LAFD moved to 800MHz *decades* ago.

The only agencies licensed to use this frequency in California are American Medical Response, American National Red Cross, City of La Quinta, Gold Oak USD, Klamath Trinity JUSD.

The closest user to Ventura is American Medical Response in Santa Clarita.

SCPD

QRT
ANAVAGH, LAFD moved to 800MHz *decades* ago.

The only agencies licensed to use this frequency in California are American Medical Response, American National Red Cross, City of La Quinta, Gold Oak USD, Klamath Trinity JUSD.

The closest user to Ventura is American Medical Response in Santa Clarita.

Haha, thanks for that info!:thumbup:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Last year I asked if anyone had insight as the usage of the VHF-Lo frequencies as they often are patched together, or seemingly have assigned coverage areas switched around making monitoring confusing.
I missed that thread but many years ago I pulled several of their low band freqs out of one of their radios (GE Orion) and put it in the DB. I'm not sure if it's changed as I haven't followed any modifications but FWIW on the data's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.