AMR Placer New Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Hey all,

Just spoke to a friend who passed on "AMR Placer's new frequencies"...???

I didn't even know they were changing, but here they are:

R- 152.3225
T- 160.1700

The FCC info on these frequencies come back to Ray's Radio Shop, who happens to be the person who currently has AMR-P's radio contract. According to the ULS information, these freqs are part of a VHF Trunking system Ray's runs in Placer County, but a flag says the system is "depreciated, and may be inactive or superceded by an newer system." What does that mean, exactly?

I figured I'd post this here for clarification and confirmation before I actually submit an update to the database. I'm plugging it into my scanner and my mobile to see what I can confirm myself. Any input is appreciated.

Mick

I wonder if AMR in the Santa Clarita area is the user of these frqs on the same license:

WQII599
4 - Fixed
11001 SANTA CLARITA DIVIDE ROAD
SANTA CLARITA, CA LOS ANGELES County
34-23-10.4 N, 118-19-45.5 W

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Ok, I got the freqs into my radios last night, and it IS being used for AMR Placer operations...traffic that used to run on their 155.295 transmitter in Sac County. The CTCSS is 131.8, and it appears to be in active use, not just testing. I don't know if they are simulcasting 155.295, going to use it as a secondary, or abandon it. I haven't gotten that far in my investigation yet. :lol:

Last edited:

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I love the audio quality on this new frequency. 152.3225 comes in loud and clear in Downtown Sac, I can hear both dispatch and the field units. Next time I am on a crash in Placer County I will see if I can get traffic on 160.1700 off the mobile units.

As for 155.295 it was still in use as of yesterday when I was in Roseville.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Latest Intel...

Ok. I programmed an AMR employee's HT this morning, and got the scoop, so I will be submitting an update to the database shortly.

The new repeated pair is AMR-Placer's primary operations channel, and is in use now. The transmitter is on a tower on that hill on the inside of the curve at I-80 and Newcastle, I think it's called Channel Hill or something like that. Pretty good spot for coverage of south Placer up to Colfax... The only place they've found problems so far is at the ER entrance at Kaiser Roseville, due to the new concrete building that's in the way. However, when the construction is done, the new ER entrance will be straight line-of-sight, so that problem will go away.

The old simplex channel (155.295) is going to be kept active, possibly as a secondary, but more likely as the Sac County Primary Operations channel for the Metro Fire contract buses and the Sacramento transfer cars. Hitting Newcastle from UCD or Kaiser South might be a stretch, so the current system will probably be kept for that purpose. Also, I heard that Operations wanted to get the Sac County cars off the Placer channel anyway.

Anyone heard any different information?

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I was having lunch yesterday near the intersection of Auburn and Garfield and caught several transmissions between Sacramento AMR units and AMR dispatch on 155.295 PL 162.2 so it sounds like they are using this for Sac units.

joen7xxx

Sac Pl

I have seen two PL's quoted for Sacramento operations on the 155 mhz frequency; 162.2 and 131.8 in this thread. Which is correct?

Thanks

Joe

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I have seen two PL's quoted for Sacramento operations on the 155 mhz frequency; 162.2 and 131.8 in this thread. Which is correct?

Thanks

Joe

162.2 is the proper CTCSS for AMR Sacramento. 131.8 is the CTCSS for the new Placer frequencies. I just re-read that post and realized it was confusing. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Amr

I was having lunch yesterday near the intersection of Auburn and Garfield and caught several transmissions between Sacramento AMR units and AMR dispatch on 155.295 PL 162.2 so it sounds like they are using this for Sac units.
I can also confirm that 155.295 CT:162.2 has been used in the past week.

selgaran

Anybody hear about a change in the AMR frequency for Yolo? I haven't heard a peep in a while on 155.235...are you hearing 300 units on any of the new freqs?

JasonL

Our Yolo system is down right now and has been for a while. There was an issue with the data lines. When it was being fixed AT&T installed the wrong type of lines and has been really slow to fix the mistake. We are on nextel for now.

selgaran

Our Yolo system is down right now and has been for a while. There was an issue with the data lines. When it was being fixed AT&T installed the wrong type of lines and has been really slow to fix the mistake. We are on nextel for now.

Ah, ok, thanks for the update!

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Got traffic today from AMR on 155.2950 CTCSS 162.2 dispatching a unit code 3 to Cal Expo parking lot C. I could hear both dispatch and the unit responding loud and clear in the north Natomas area.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Got traffic today from AMR on 155.2950 CTCSS 162.2 dispatching a unit code 3 to Cal Expo parking lot C. I could hear both dispatch and the unit responding loud and clear in the north Natomas area.

That would be correct. That frequency is used for Sac County units and the Metro Fire contract buses. The new frequencies are strictly Placer County Operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.