AMR Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read and seen AMR (American Medical Response) setting up shop in Omaha. One of their Ambulances blew past me code 3 today near 72nd and Maple heading north, I assume to Immanuel.

Anybody have frequency info on them???

obijohn

I have read and seen AMR (American Medical Response) setting up shop in Omaha. One of their Ambulances blew past me code 3 today near 72nd and Maple heading north, I assume to Immanuel.

Anybody have frequency info on them???

I am pretty sure that they are using Nextel.

That would not be my first choice for a dispatch solution. We looked at them when Mobile Communications pulled the plug on the community repeater we were on when I was working for American Ambulance.

The "one-to-many" PTT feature was the equivalent to regular 2-way radio dispatch. But , WOW!
Was it expensive.

I wonder if it's any more affordable since the Sprint takeover?

Amr

Maybe the privacy is worth the money! Money probably isn't too much of an issue with AMR. They're the biggest private ambulance company in the country.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Maybe the privacy is worth the money! Money probably isn't too much of an issue with AMR. They're the biggest private ambulance company in the country.

Any business who wants to stay in business watches the $$$. I can see a private company who might not be in the same area for a long time going with something like nexhell just because they would not have any infrastructure to setup, plus replacement "radios" would be a lot cheaper than "real" radios.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
You can get Nextel mobiles. Makes perfect sense really. Secure, digital, ability to group call, or page an individual, or direct connect (private call). Not only is it location based to say just the metro, the ability to light up more than one site or talk group, instantly connecting people across several areas if need be. No licensing hassles, or as previously mentioned infrastructure to maintain. Plus why not bundle that with the data side of things and be able to push data to the MDT and page that out to the phones as well via SMS. Sounds like a pretty good set-up.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah they still sell 'em. Nextel has really changed a lot. You can even choose which tower(s) to affiliate with, and which groups to alert, etc. You can even "steer" end users who do not happen to have one of your talk-groups to a joint talk-group to allow a group call. They've really redone a lot of their stuff, and you can change a lot of settings with just a few keystrokes on their very much improved website. I really like some of the Motorola stuff on the Nextel system that will allow you to send your status, etc without having to talk over the PTT network. Keeping everyone up-to-date. Pretty neat to see how it all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.