AMR Riverside Unit Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Anyone have a list of unit numbers and their general location. Say a 400 or 500 unit where would they be assigned to? Or is it a crap shoot?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I'd say it's pretty much a crap shoot, since they are on system status. Some of the northwestern units are based out of a fire station (Medic 316, 317 and others, I'm sure). With most of the county, units move all over the place. Here in Corona, we get units from Moreno Valley or Elsinore quite a bit. 357 seems to be one of our regulars, particularly at night.
The only reliable information is where the unit originated from. The 300 series are from NW Riverside County. I want to say that the 400's are from the Temecula area, but I'm not positive......

brandon

Database Admin
Thx for the info. I also dug out my scanner book and it had some listed. Just trying to get a general idea of how far I can hear AMR units. Simplex is pretty fun for testing! Believe it or not I picked up a AMR West unit (the actual ambulance not just the dispatcher) just off Newport Rd, Menifee from El Cajon, CA. I could hear it both locally from Sun City and from my radio in El Cajon/SD County. Thats like 70+ miles with terrain.... wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.