AMR services (Washington DC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarvalho

Good morning
Anyone able to pick up any traffic for AMR on pdvWireless system?
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8344

I'm in Northern VA and I have a strong signal on the "West of DC" site in the system above. More specifically on CC 937.050.
I am able see the "CON" icon in my BCD536HP and also have full bars on it. Same full bars on my BCD996P2.

Using SDRPlay on HDSDR with DSDPlus to decode, I see good signal and DSDPlus says
Current Network: 435
Current Site: 435-52

But it seems I get absolutely no traffic. No transmissions.
Is it possible pdvWireless is not yet using this site? I can't seem to pick up any signal for all those other DC sites nor Bethesda MD.

Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• ice_screenshot_20170619-074215.png
    ice_screenshot_20170619-074215.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

ecarvalho

In the FCC license search there is a frequency listing for AMR as follows:

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQVM383 - American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc - Frequencies Summary

452.262500,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 40FB2 IG",DMR
452.262500,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
456.937500,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
457.262500,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
457.300000,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
466.275000,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
467.400000,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
469.837500,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR

ecarvalho

Well, without making ANY changes on my end, suddenly I started to hear AMR traffic (after 12pm) today. Odd...

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Its a late reply....... but I hear AMR on the DCFD radio on talkgroups 11618 and 11619

JK

troymail

Silent Key
Good morning
Anyone able to pick up any traffic for AMR on pdvWireless system?
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8344

I'm in Northern VA and I have a strong signal on the "West of DC" site in the system above. More specifically on CC 937.050.
I am able see the "CON" icon in my BCD536HP and also have full bars on it. Same full bars on my BCD996P2.

Using SDRPlay on HDSDR with DSDPlus to decode, I see good signal and DSDPlus says
Current Network: 435
Current Site: 435-52

But it seems I get absolutely no traffic. No transmissions.
Is it possible pdvWireless is not yet using this site? I can't seem to pick up any signal for all those other DC sites nor Bethesda MD.

Any advice is appreciated.

I don't recall which site it was but I used to hear AMR on pdvWireless quite alot from Fort Meade and even at times from Severn Maryland. It's a really weird system and a bit difficult to pin down.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
I don't recall which site it was but I used to hear AMR on pdvWireless quite alot from Fort Meade and even at times from Severn Maryland. It's a really weird system and a bit difficult to pin down.

Troy:
I am guessing that since they came up on the DCFD system about 6 or so weeks ago, I have not heard anything on their own DMR system. They were using both for about 2 weeks and then the DMR went silent.
They might use it for non-essential chatter, but I don't monitor it 24/7.

troymail

Silent Key
Troy:
I am guessing that since they came up on the DCFD system about 6 or so weeks ago, I have not heard anything on their own DMR system. They were using both for about 2 weeks and then the DMR went silent.
They might use it for non-essential chatter, but I don't monitor it 24/7.

From what I recall, the AMR thing was in a "trial period". Perhaps the trial period is over and now they are officially on the DC system? Just speculating.

ecarvalho

They have two TGs in the DC P25 system. Dispatch and TAC. They are also able to tx/rx on DCFEMS dispatch but aren't supposed to.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
From what I recall, the AMR thing was in a "trial period". Perhaps the trial period is over and now they are officially on the DC system? Just speculating.

I just checked the database and the listings for AMR on the Pdv system (and any talkgroups that were under the DC listing) have disappeared. It used to say Washington DC/Baltimore now there is no DC.
There are, however several sites of frequencies for Washington, DC and one "West of DC" site.

dtscho

Database Admin
These frequencies are for AMR use at Nationals Park. 452.2625 is a DMR repeater which is quite active on gamedays.

Dave

In the FCC license search there is a frequency listing for AMR as follows:

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQVM383 - American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc - Frequencies Summary

452.262500,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 40FB2 IG",DMR
452.262500,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
456.937500,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
457.262500,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
457.300000,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
466.275000,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
467.400000,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR
469.837500,"American Medical Response Mid Atlantic Inc 4MO IG",DMR

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
When AMR began supplementing the DCFD's 911 service, the AMR employees were carrying XPR portable DMR radios. Not the new APX nor the older yellow XTS.

Over the last few months I've noticed that they are now carrying really beat up looking black XTS radios.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
When AMR began supplementing the DCFD's 911 service, the AMR employees were carrying XPR portable DMR radios. Not the new APX nor the older yellow XTS.

Over the last few months I've noticed that they are now carrying really beat up looking black XTS radios.
Well, you don't think DC EMS is going to give them any "good" radios, do you! They are just contractors. :)

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Well, you don't think DC EMS is going to give them any "good" radios, do you! They are just contractors. :)

My point was that maybe they were using another system since the new DC system is Phase 2 and the XTS radios are for Phase 1. The system must just revert back to Phase 1 for now.

I'm seeing AMR supervisors with APX radios now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.