AMR Switch to Safe-T Vanderburgh County EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

spooney

I have been hearing alot more traffic recently on TG 22288. Seems as though AMR has switched over. I'm hearing mostly DATA bursts on 151.4225 now.

kb9sxk

Ambulance runs (Emergency) will now be dispatched on the 82-EMS-OPS TG. Wheel chair and non emergency traffic and data will stay on vhf.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
AMR not allowed on Vanderburgh County trunked system, how are they allowed on Safet?

Was it just a liability issue with county they should have been on edacs trunked system YEARS ago?

Ambulance runs (Emergency) will now be dispatched on the 82-EMS-OPS TG. Wheel chair and non emergency traffic and data will stay on vhf.

spooney

AMR not allowed on Vanderburgh County trunked system, how are they allowed on Safet?

Was it just a liability issue with county they should have been on edacs trunked system YEARS ago?

My quess would be that DHS gave them free radios where as with Vanderburgh County they would have to foot the bill for all equipment.

kb9sxk

My quess would be that DHS gave them free radios where as with Vanderburgh County they would have to foot the bill for all equipment.

Jeff,

It was our decision. It conforms with the law and IPSC policy.

Spoony,

AMR was issued radio equipment by the District. (Vanderburgh EMA as it's agent) They do not own it.

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber

Any idea what they will be doing with their 151.42250 (167.9) frequency. Or when or if Vanderburg co is switching to Safe-T

n9zek

Is AMR still using the Safe-T system? I was hearing their traffice yesterday but nothing today. It may be that I am not picking up an associated tower.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Post Tower

Is AMR still using the Safe-T system? I was hearing their traffice yesterday but nothing today. It may be that I am not picking up an associated tower.

Try the Evansville Post tower and make sure you have their talkgroups programmed.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I would think for most of the time they will only affiliate with the Henderson tower.
Adam will jump in here and correct me.

Runs on northern part of VAND county would affiliate with Post tower.

Adam this brings up a question for me can a Motor or johnson port or mobile be made to affiliate(overide auto search towers) with a certain tower if signal to the distant tower is strong enough?

I used to hear DIST 34 DISP a lot reason I was told EVV post had a mobile parked on DIST 34 DISP at the post radio room.

However info from the people that set this up makes me think DIST 34 DISP can NOT affiliate with EVV post tower.Reason that site is NOT adjacent to Dubois County or a county in DIST 34 area.
How I am thinking they forced DIST 34 talkgroup to Henderson tower which is set up more likea Warrick cty site.
Since Warrick county IS adjacent to Dubois we heard DIST 34 traffic?
There is talkgroup affiliation and also radio affiliation.
thanks

Try the Evansville Post tower and make sure you have their talkgroups programmed.

kb9sxk

I would think for most of the time they will only affiliate with the Henderson tower.

Runs on northern part of VAND county would affiliate with Post tower.

Adam this brings up a question for me can a Motor or johnson port or mobile be made to affiliate(overide auto search towers) with a certain tower if signal to the distant tower is strong enough?

I used to hear DIST 34 DISP a lot reason I was told EVV post had a mobile parked on DIST 34 DISP at the post radio room.

However info from the people that set this up makes me think DIST 34 DISP can NOT affiliate with EVV post tower.Reason that site is NOT adjacent to Dubois County or a county in DIST 34 area.
How I am thinking they forced DIST 34 talkgroup to Henderson tower which is set up more likea Warrick cty site.
Since Warrick county IS adjacent to Dubois we heard DIST 34 traffic?
thanks

You are mostly right.

The radio affiliates with the nearest (Strongest RSSI) tower on the TG it is set on.

I agree that Jasper Post is no longer monitored very much at the Evansville post.

Subscriber units of either brand may be set to either search for a stronger RSSI, or force a specific site. This is a programing option. It is in the F2 menu of the EFJ radios, and can be assigned to a side button in the Motorola. Some are programed this, others are not.

County TGs are supposedly able to work one county away from the home county. However, Vanderburgh TGs seem to work in Vincennes and Petertsburg. They will not work in Jasper.

We also can not use P MA groups here, nor can we hit O MA groups while in jasper.

kb9sxk

I think we affiliate with the Evansville site I heard all of the EMS traffic.i suspect they have enough units on the south side too, that eith site will have activity on the TG.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Towers

I think we affiliate with the Evansville site I heard all of the EMS traffic.i suspect they have enough units on the south side too, that eith site will have activity on the TG.

I listen to BOTH tower sites, I will try to watch and see which one the AMR dispatches are on most of the time. I do hear GIBSON Co on the post tower. Now if they can get those WARRICK Co tower online.

jerk

You are mostly right.

The radio affiliates with the nearest (Strongest RSSI) tower on the TG it is set on.

I agree that Jasper Post is no longer monitored very much at the Evansville post.

Subscriber units of either brand may be set to either search for a stronger RSSI, or force a specific site. This is a programing option. It is in the F2 menu of the EFJ radios, and can be assigned to a side button in the Motorola. Some are programed this, others are not.

County TGs are supposedly able to work one county away from the home county. However, Vanderburgh TGs seem to work in Vincennes and Petertsburg. They will not work in Jasper.

We also can not use P MA groups here, nor can we hit O MA groups while in jasper.

I finally got a Johnson portable Radio to play with, some towers and groups show up "not allowed" I still have not found the force search option or checked to see if it is programmed, but the RSSI function is enabled and tower/sites names as well.
But when it "picks" a towers it usually sticks with it.

kb9sxk

I finally got a Johnson portable Radio to play with, some towers and groups show up "not allowed" I still have not found the force search option or checked to see if it is programmed, but the RSSI function is enabled and tower/sites names as well.
But when it "picks" a towers it usually sticks with it.

"Not allowed" on the EFJ means out of range. If i try to key up on P MA 1 in evansville, i will get a "boink" and the display will say so. Same if I try to affiliate with an out are TG.

eaf1956

Feed Provider

thanks

I hear them on BOTH towers, when it stops on HENDERSON I hit SCAN and get the same traffic on Evansville POST tower.

They just did a CITY RUN which was broadcast on Henderson, Evansville Post and MARRS CTR towers

Last edited:

kb9sxk

I hear them on BOTH towers, when it stops on HENDERSON I hit SCAN and get the same traffic on Evansville POST tower.

They just did a CITY RUN which was broadcast on Henderson, Evansville Post and MARRS CTR towers

That means that radios were affiliating on that talk group on all three towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.