AMR to NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
We he in Az are seeing new NXDN systems popping up in LaPaz County (River Medical, Blythe) and Mohave County (River Medical)
Anyone hearing rumblings about a move to NXDN in So Nevada?

nd5y

It's not in NV or AZ but here they used a VHF simplex frequency for years.
I the past year they licensed 2 VHF and 2 UHF NXDN narrowband trunked repeater pairs.
Maybe this is something they are doing nationwide.
The licenses don't reflect actual use.
One VHF pair is a NXDN narrowband conventional repeater and one UHF pair (also NXDN narrowband) appears to be a control station link for the VHF repeater.

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I had a chance to talk to their head radio guys at IWCE a while back. We were both looking at Mindshare consoles and had a mutual acquaintance.
AMR likes NXDN for their own stuff, and seem to be heavily invested in it. They seem to use it where they are not on a regional system or someone else's system.

Wish I could remember the guys name. I have his card somewhere, I think….

KG7PBS

I had a chance to talk to their head radio guys at IWCE a while back. We were both looking at Mindshare consoles and had a mutual acquaintance.
AMR likes NXDN for their own stuff, and seem to be heavily invested in it. They seem to use it where they are not on a regional system or someone else's system.

Wish I could remember the guys name. I have his card somewhere, I think….

Well you know NXDN is poor man’s P-25

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Yavapai County Lifeline applied for NXDN. The linking works good. As California AMR moved to digital, their end goal was the big E.

Status
Not open for further replies.