Amr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
does anyone really know what AMR's Freqs are?, i know they dispatch off 47.5000 in new haven, but what about the rest of the state?....i hear them on 462.9750 CMED with a pl of 167.9 using Charlie units in the new haven county and AMR # units in Hartford using a PL of 118.0 on the same channel, but what is their real dispatch frequency?...they are a mess and they have so many diffrent channels, they have a UHF, VHF and Low-band system.....

also, does anyone know Nelson, or ASM?....thanks alot!

vs1988

I know an EMT and a medic who work for AMR, so I'll ask. I noticed that the Hartford area units have a talkgroup on the Hartford EDACS system. I'm pretty sure they are dispatched by whatever city's 911 center they are contracted for.

The 462.975 is CMED. We have to report to CMED as well as our local dispatch for on air, arrival, transport, and hospital arrival etc.

Vince

cg

Premium Subscriber
Hartford AMR covers the north Half of Hartford and is on 155.355 173.8 dispatched remotely out of New Haven AMR dispatch. The Hartford talkgroup is merely a patch of CMed NC 9 (462.9500 118.8) and the Hartlink TRS.
ASM covers the south end of Hartford. They are on the Marcus Passport system.

AMR also uses 155.325 and 155.2200 for other areas.

cg

cg

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Aetna has the contract. I believe the two companies have merged to some extent.

cg

Southtown800

Banned
i haven't seen atena in a while, all i see is ASM....what about nelson in north haven?...anyone got a channel on them?...or a Cmed call sign?...i dont think they are under an "N" unit.....i am not sure?...i have not heard them ever come across Cmed....

bobmich52

Look On The Back Of A ASM ambulance & You will See The Call Letters Of The unit.

Not sure How Other services Designate/Identify Their Units

Chris0381

2 weeks ago I saw 2 Aetna Ambulances at the Wethersfield shopping plaza were radioshack is located so Aetna are in Wetheresfiled. Looked like they were at CVS (parked in the fire lane) for some sort of business as no sirens or lights were flashing.

vs1988

Is Aetna Ambulance connected with the insurance company, or do they just happen to have the same name?

KB1JHU

Southtown800 said:
i haven't seen atena in a while, all i see is ASM....what about nelson in north haven?...anyone got a channel on them?...or a Cmed call sign?...i dont think they are under an "N" unit.....i am not sure?...i have not heard them ever come across Cmed....

I think Nelson uses "Fox" on SC CMED.

Southtown800

Banned
vs1988 said:
Is Aetna Ambulance connected with the insurance company, or do they just happen to have the same name?

i am not sure about that one, but i doubt it, i think amr should just be on a statewide system instead of haveing VHF low, VHF hi and UHF.....kinda not interagency...

Status
Not open for further replies.