Amtrak Northeast/Metropolitan Divisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Any confirmation possible that Amtrak is supposed to switch the Northeast Division (South Station-Morris) and Metropolitan Division (Morris-Union Station) over to 12.5kHz NFM this month?

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I'm sure they'll be doing so soon if they havent already.

You likely won't hear much of a difference.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
You likely won't hear much of a difference.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Yeah true. They'll still be stepping all over each other like usual. :) AFAIK it was supposed to happen last month, but new info seems to indicate otherwise. That's why I asked.

Premium Subscriber
There is no such thing as the Northeast Division (South Station-Morris) and Metropolitan Division (Morris-Union Station). Do a little research.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
There is no such thing as the Northeast Division (South Station-Morris) and Metropolitan Division (Morris-Union Station). Do a little research.

Yup. Dunno why I put Metropoltan instead of Mid-Atlantic. Brainfart. I was trying to be general, but to be specific...

In 2002 Amtrak preformed a realignment of the operating divisions. Since then, a realignment has been done again. Per the paperwork in front of me (dated June 2010)...

Northeast Division East (South Station-New Haven MP72.9) (Former New England Division)
Northeast Division West (SHELL-MORRIS) (Former Metropolitan Division, nee. New York Division)
Mid-Atlantic Division (MORRIS-Union Station)

Technically the Mid-Atlantic Division extends to Newport News, Lynchburg, and the VA/NC state line, but this topic was strictly about the Main Line.

If you're an Amtrak employee and have a correction, feel free to provide it. :)

--------------------------------------------------

And yes, the switch was made. Original question answered by a PM earlier.

Last edited:

Premium Subscriber
Good guess. This March I will have 28 years of service. At present I currently maintain databases of all Amtrak MW equipment and Fleet vehicles through out the country. This includes what 'division' each piece belongs to. You?

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Good guess. This March I will have 28 years of service. At present I currently maintain databases of all Amtrak MW equipment and Fleet vehicles through out the country. This includes what 'division' each piece belongs to. You?

Wasn't at all a guess. First post was vauge and a mistake after being up for almost 18hrs. And please correct me then if I'm wrong. That's part of what these forums are for. I only know how the timetable, TSRB, division bulletins, etc, etc, etc read. No need at all to be nasty dude...

Last edited:

Premium Subscriber
No nastiness intended. Just 'pointing' {haleve} you on the right track. Oh that was predicatively terrible wasn't it!

blaze

Premium Subscriber
Here in Philly (based on looking at the deviation with a measurement receiver), it appears that most of the train and portable radios on 160.920 are now narrowband, but some still aren't. Just about all the base stations seem to still be wideband, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.