Amtrak Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerrmn

Amtrak Police - Philadelphia, PA

Recently, I heard communication on A.A.R. 73 - 161.295 MHz . Then an Amtrak officer said switching back to the “TAC 1”. There was very little communication on A.A.R. 73 for the rest of the day. Even heard a data transmission sound.

After the night shift signed on, they were told to switch to the “TAC channel.”

I checked the radio reference database and I did not see any updates for the Amtrak police for Philadelphia, PA.

Any help on the Amtrak police frequencies would be appreciated.

Thanks.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
So.. not to drag up an old thread but has anyone monitored APD on NXDN? There have been zero updates to the database reflecting any NXDN use.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
No pertinent information for you whatsoever, I've been listening to Amtrak police on the Northeast Corridor from Cornwell Heights to Trenton on the national frequency pl100, same as Lancaster for twenty years.

Shortly after you posted that they were going encrypted they were gone. I miss that one car making station checks.

Anything that happens on the Northeast Corridor in my area goes to the local police anyway and they forward the report to... Amtrak. No real loss for me.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I didn't post that they were.. I was told they were/had. They used to be quite busy along the Harrisburg line and I am up there often, so it's quite a loss to me. The question is where have they gone. I haven't monitored ANY digital traffic on 161.295 on the last two trips to PA and very limited analog traffic.

I will be up there again first week of November and I'd like to try listening but it may be moot point if I can't find where they are.

No pertinent information for you whatsoever, I've been listening to Amtrak police on the Northeast Corridor from Cornwell Heights to Trenton on the national frequency pl100, same as Lancaster for twenty years.

Shortly after you posted that they were going encrypted they were gone. I miss that one car making station checks.

Anything that happens on the Northeast Corridor in my area goes to the local police anyway and they forward the report to... Amtrak. No real loss for me.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So it may have been only coincidental but after you posted they went encrypted... Within 3 days they went encrypted, I live along the 130 mile per hour speed limit between Bristol and Croydon. Regular suicide spot for years.

Believe me Oh, by the time Amtrak police get there, local police have addressed the situation and are only waiting to resume service which is done by... Amtrak police. The investigation falls on Amtrak but it was held and dealt with... local police.

Don't miss those station checks by Amtrak police at all. Let them be... Secret squirrels.

ecps92

APD has traditionally been on 161.295 for the Northeast, with each Repeater having it's own PL Tone
ie: Boston = 156.7, Attleboro 88.5, Providence 100.0 etc etc etc

PD in the past used
160.8150 Ch.02 Car/Car Secondary
161.2050 Ch.04 Car/Car Primary

Sitting on 161.2950 this am, to see if they are still Analog, been a few months since I ran across 161.2950
will post when I hear or don't hear Philly here in Boston

Amtrak Police - Philadelphia, PA

Recently, I heard communication on A.A.R. 73 - 161.295 MHz . Then an Amtrak officer said switching back to the “TAC 1”. There was very little communication on A.A.R. 73 for the rest of the day. Even heard a data transmission sound.

After the night shift signed on, they were told to switch to the “TAC channel.”

I checked the radio reference database and I did not see any updates for the Amtrak police for Philadelphia, PA.

Any help on the Amtrak police frequencies would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ecps92

Still very Analog here in the Northeast
Boston units talking to Philly on with 156.7 PL
APD has traditionally been on 161.295 for the Northeast, with each Repeater having it's own PL Tone
ie: Boston = 156.7, Attleboro 88.5, Providence 100.0 etc etc etc

PD in the past used
160.8150 Ch.02 Car/Car Secondary
161.2050 Ch.04 Car/Car Primary

Sitting on 161.2950 this am, to see if they are still Analog, been a few months since I ran across 161.2950
will post when I hear or don't hear Philly here in Boston

scannerrmn

APD on 161.295 MHz is active in Philadelphia area. Recently, I heard Amtrak police communication on 160.365 MHz.

In Philadelphia 160.815 MHz has been changed to Amtrak Maintenance of Way. I hear the M.O.W. crew quite often on this channel.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
The Trenton repeater on 161.295 pl 100 just has periodic open carrier and no voice. That is APD from Cornwell Heights to Morrisville (Trenton) on the Northeast Corridor just north of Philly. No longer can hear Amtrak police.

ecps92

Philly still on 114.8 PL ?? for PD ?

APD on 161.295 MHz is active in Philadelphia area. Recently, I heard Amtrak police communication on 160.365 MHz.

In Philadelphia 160.815 MHz has been changed to Amtrak Maintenance of Way. I hear the M.O.W. crew quite often on this channel.

tvboy08721

In my travels over the summer going thru Philadelphia, Chicago, and DCs stations, the officers there are using APX radios and not the ICOM radios that are nxdn capable. I noticed they are still using their analog channels for communications.

ecps92

Monitoring now for 9 hrs [Wed] we have heard 3 transmissions [Analog] from Philly to Boston

Wondering if they moved to a Cellular type APP vs the two-way radio
Possibly for interoperability with local police agencies?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Possibly Firstnet via APX portables if that's what they are using now, or encrypted on Starnet. They had to have gone somewhere.

scannerrmn

Just hearing normal APD communication on 161.295. I have not heard station checks on the Keystone Line for some time. If APD need assistance they will contact local police by phone.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Over the last week I was able to monitor APD on channels A and B along the Harrisburg line in PA. Not frequent activity like there used to be, but it was there.

Also noticed that SEPTA PD is P25 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.