Amtrak Sunnyside Yard Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

transitman

While recently loitering (er watching trains) alongside the Skillman Av fence, I had my scanner set to Signal Stalk mode and found two frequencies which I believe are used within the yard:

1. 160.65, AAR 36, PL 192.8. This frequency appears to be used as "departure clearance" from the yard onto the main line track.

2. 160.755, AAR 43, PL 192.8. Could not determine usage.

If anyone has further information regarding the use of these frequencies or is aware of other frequencies used within Sunnyside Yard, please respond. Thanks!!

SCANdal

Silent Key
t - man,

I spend time around that area myself. Make sure to have 161.295R (156.7) programmed into your scanner. That's the AmTrak Police repeater that covers the yard. Not much activity over that channel (thankfully) beside duty log ons and log offs.

SCANdal

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
While recently loitering (er watching trains) alongside the Skillman Av fence, I had my scanner set to Signal Stalk mode and found two frequencies which I believe are used within the yard:

1. 160.65, AAR 36, PL 192.8. This frequency appears to be used as "departure clearance" from the yard onto the main line track.

2. 160.755, AAR 43, PL 192.8. Could not determine usage.

If anyone has further information regarding the use of these frequencies or is aware of other frequencies used within Sunnyside Yard, please respond. Thanks!!

Where is the "Sunnyside Yard"?

Your location or post doesn't even give us an idea of where your listening at.

transitman

SCANdal:

I had the PD frequency programmed in the scanner; however I'm still hoping someone can provide some information on 160.65 and 160.755.

Status
Not open for further replies.