An idea.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLynch7

If I put up a new feed of Northern Atlanta Metro 144/440 repeaters, would anyone listen?

My echolink node isn't working out, so I thought maybe I'd just use that pc to put up a feed.

N8IAA

Just my point of view, but, if I wanted, I would just turn on one of my radios and scan. Maybe for someone who doesn't want to tie up a scanner listening. Rather boring conversations on 2m. 440 is near dead in N GA with the exception of a couple of repeaters. Now, maybe 6m, or 220Mhz might be interesting, but, again....most hams have those frequencies programmed in, or, aren't interested. 2m repeaters seem to be the king in GA. I did more ragchewing on 440 in Ohio. Guess the mountains have a lot to do with that:)
Larry

CLynch7

Mike- I'm in Acworth, and it seems all the public service departments are well covered, but even if they weren't, I don't have a digital scanner anyway :(

Larry- I noticed. That is part of the reason I don't see much need to put up an echolink node, the radio I have for it would be 440. I just can't see it getting much use. You're right about 2 meters being pretty boring around here, good thing NFARL has an echolinked repeater, made a few interesting contacts on that.

N8IAA

Chris, for the longest time, about 4 years, I thought about getting D-star. I could never justify the cost. For two years thought about getting the digital dongle and using my computer to converse on D-star. I know a lot of hams in the metro area who are on it. Still can't justify the use. Just wish that I had a HF radio to scan the lowbands. Had a P-25 capable ht that I wanted to use on 2m. Nothing around here, so I sold it. Georgia really lacks the ham spirit of trying something new. If I had the money, I would put up a P-25 repeater just for the fun of it. Oh well..........
Larry

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
I dont really think there is an interest in HAM scanning online from what I can tell.
If you are in range of the Atlanta TRS I know I and others would enjoy a GSP feed. They work all interstate wrecks in Atlanta city limits now and have a lot of stolen car chases. This would be a lively feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.