An interesting mobile set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
Just think of what he could do with ealry 70's Lincoln or Caddilac..

K0AZV

stateboy said:
Must not be much of a tech, as just about everyone else wouldn't be mounting all those radios and antennas in that little space. It's obvious that he's not worried about RF exposure levels or poor antenna performance.

Actually he is the second tech that I have known that had a vehicle that pretty much looked like that. The other worked a bunch on marine installs. He didn't have as many antennas on his car but he had enough.

Max...

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
K0AZV said:
Actually he is the second tech that I have known that had a vehicle that pretty much looked like that. The other worked a bunch on marine installs. He didn't have as many antennas on his car but he had enough.

Max...

Scary. Very scary.

Mozilla

Installs

Well, I have seen a lot of multi radio and antenna installs and this would be the poster child for what not to do. Furthermore, if he evers gets in a crash, its going to really hurt.
He may be a technician of sorts, but I would turn him around if he drove up in that vehicle, to work on a job.
Besides which there is no way you can listen that many radios at a time, and looking at what he says he covers, could be done with several radios and a lot less antennas.
If he's happy, great, I just look at it as unprofessional, sloppy and it obvioulsy it the vehicle of many jokes....

SLWilson

Joke ???

dave3825 said:

Homeland security? The guy is a ha
m operator and if his [FONT=&quot]license is up to date they ca[/FONT]nt do anything to him

...I think they were poking "fun" at him/the photo.....Geez!!!!!! :D

SLWilson

True !!!

KC8JPZ said:
Just think of what he could do with ealry 70's Lincoln or Caddilac..

Yep, probably get another 25 - 30 antennas on one of those, huh? :D

bobmich52

Just wondering.

What Do You Think Would Happen To That Car If A Bolt Of Mother Nature's Wrath Caught One Of Those Numerous Targets On That Car?

Looks like A Ford, No Great loss, But some Of The Gear looks Good!

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
If he is a radio technician or installer he is a disgrace to the profession. That car is a hazzard and has no place on a public road.

STiMULi

bobmich52 said:
Just wondering.

What Do You Think Would Happen To That Car If A Bolt Of Mother Nature's Wrath Caught One Of Those Numerous Targets On That Car?

Looks like A Ford, No Great loss, But some Of The Gear looks Good!

I think he'd get the chair :)

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
intrepid97 said:
"regardless of his ham liscense, ANY law enforcement officer needs to pull that dumb-@$$ over and impound that POS! "

You're not serious,are you?

I'm not sure there is an Ohio law that would apply.

Maybe Stupidity without Intent.

If so, most of us would be in jail or on parole.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Jesus!! I can't say that the guy would really have anything to lose if this happened, but if he ever got rear ended at high speeds, say goodbye to his head!!! I'm not sure whether he would be knocked unconcious by a flying radio or strangled by the rat's nest of god knows what. What a disgrace to the hobby of ham radio, that's completely embarassing and one of the reasons I don't tell people I'm a ham unless they ask what the license plate is for. I would truly like to have a word with that guy. Also, DRILL SOME HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Microwavemike

Ant's

Good God......... I see he has already tested his rear bumper.
There are enough mag mounts to demag a credit card ten meters away.
I hope he has turned down most of his transmitter RF outputs.
He may be in violation of RF energy standards.
I wonder how he distributed his high current VDC.

mm

intrepid97

Why are you guys giving this guy so much ****?

You know how bad it makes YOU sound? You sound like a bunch of *****y old coots with your undies in a wad LOL

STiMULi

intrepid97 said:
Why are you guys giving this guy so much ****?

You know how bad it makes YOU sound? You sound like a bunch of *****y old coots with your undies in a wad LOL

I JUST checked.

They were in a wad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.