An interesting Watson device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valeriy

Yesterday I was looking for Watson aerials on several UK sites, and found some devices I didn't know
before.
One of the most interesting is the Watson WR-5002, because the description says:

"The WR-5002 UHF/VHF nearfield receiver has the ability to lock automatically and almost instantly onto any FM signal within
its frequency range. FM signals are demodulated and output through its internal speaker or to the external earphone provided.
The WR-5002 has Auto Hold (switchable on/off) which locks the Rx on to a demodulated signal."
[...]

That sounds very similar to the Close Call RF Capture technology of Uniden and the Spectrum Sweeper technology of Whistler Group,
a feature I like (and use) so much.
However it needs to be connected to an additional frequency counter in order to display the freq of a captured
signal...

ScannerSK

The first I noticed something like this was the Optoelectronics R11 a number of years ago.
It is shown on the following page: Optoelectronics R11

Here is the description for the R11 device:
"Optoelectronics is pleased to introduce the all new R11 Nearfield FM Test Receiver. Capable of sweeping 30MHz-2GHz in less than one second, the R11 can lock onto a 5 watt UHF signal as far away as 500 feet in less than one second, demodulate the signal through its built-in speaker, and display the general band the frequency is transmitting in on its LED indicator. The R11 Test Receiver presents all new performance, features, and capabilities. This is an excellent device to use in conjuction with one of our TSCM sweep units as it will allow you to actually listen-in and analzye the 'hits' that your unit is detecting. ' Advanced Unit Detects Radio Frequency Transmission sources From 5 MHz - 1.5 Ghz' "

It appears this device was introduced back around the year 2001. I was always fascinated by the device however never spent the money to try one out.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.