Analize Function comparison - HP1 vs SDS-100 and SDS-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
Hello:
I am about to get an SDS-200 but also own a HP1 with the purchased Analyze option. I was about to sell the HP1 and realized it might still be useful for the Analyze function. I understand the SDS-200 and 100 has an Analyzer function so my questions:

1) Is the built-in Analyzer function on the SDS-200 as good as the HP1 and has all the same features?
2) Is the SDS-100 analyzer the same as the SDS-200?

Thank in advance....

dougjgray

No unless uniden plans another upgrade. The functions are in the software but not implimented. The 200 just has system status and lcn finder.

brumey

Doug - You said No, to question 1 or 2.

What would I be missing in Analyze functions on the HP1 if I only had a SDS-100 or SDS-200.

Thank you

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello:
I am about to get an SDS-200 but also own a HP1 with the purchased Analyze option. I was about to sell the HP1 and realized it might still be useful for the Analyze function. I understand the SDS-200 and 100 has an Analyzer function so my questions:

1) Is the built-in Analyzer function on the SDS-200 as good as the HP1 and has all the same features?
2) Is the SDS-100 analyzer the same as the SDS-200?

Thank in advance....
For the HP series, with Extreme, you have a number of options that are not present on the SDS scanners. The SDS100 & SDS200 have identical options, System Status, and LCN Finder. LCN Finder on the SDS &x36HP series, can be used to find LCNs for EDACS and LTR systems. If you have the upgrades, it can also be used on DMR & NXDN trunked systems. System status gives you the 3-bar graph for signal strength, quality of the signal (how well it's being decoded) and activity. You can also see the system and site ID on the SDS and x36HP scanners. The HP series only shows the graphs, though there is a scale on the screen.

The HP series, as well as x36HP series, also have Power Plot, where you can see how much signal is being received, useful for comparing antennas. The SDS series scanners do not have that.

In addition to the above, the HP series scanners, with Extreme, also have:
Current Activity (shows active talkgroups)
Activity Log
Band Scope (shows current activity on a range of frequencies)
Raw Data Output- feed data to third party software. (That's available on the XT series scanners as well as the P2 versions. Not available on the SDS or x36HP series.)

brumey

Thanks for the detailed info. I just sold my HP1 today, maybe I should have kept it :)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The HP series, as well as x36HP series, also have Power Plot, where you can see how much signal is being received, useful for comparing antennas. The SDS series scanners do not have that.
They do if you add RSSI to the display. And you don't need to be in analyze mode, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.