BCD325P2/BCD996P2: analog audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFTAMan

Premium Subscriber
Hello!
I have been programming my 996P2 using the frequencies from RadioReference and using FreeScan to upload and download them. On the issue of setting the audio (ALL, DIGITAL, ANALOG), Should I leave all the audio set on ANALOG? The reason I'm asking is that at first, after programming the 996P2, I start scanning, and when the scanner reach one of the talkgroups, I would hear the start of a conversation but was cut off. The audio settings were set on ALL. I downloaded the sites, etc., from the 996P2 and changed all the audios from ALL to ANALOG and uploaded it back to the99P2. Now I can hear the whole conversation. Should I do the same on all the other sites?
I am new in this hobby, and I want the best performance this scanner has to offer.
Thank you.

marksmith

It depends on whether you have digital stuff programmed to scan. If you do, ANALOG won't work. Ideally, you should set the digital talkgroups or channels to digital, and the analog to analog.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

trp2525

...Ideally, you should set the digital talkgroups or channels to digital, and the analog to analog.

I agree. Also in the case of conventional analog channels in FreeSCAN, if you set the Audio Type to "All" instead of "Analog Only" you will not be able to set a PL or DPL if one is being used on that channel. As soon as you select "All" for the Audio Type it sets the Tone to "None."

MrFTAMan

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, guys. The way I got this set up, I'm getting good results.
I still have a lot of learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.