Analog channels went silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo2017

I live in Southwest Arkansas. I am listening to a Uniden Home Patrol 2 scanner. When I upgraded the Extreme upgrade I had good reception on analog and AWIN with an outdoor roof antenna but last Sunday something happened, my analog has went silent and AWIN is much quieter. We had a cell phone tower outage in my area about the same time as my scanner went quiet. Does anyone know if the cell phone tower problems could be connected to the change in receiving on analog or AWIN or have I got internal scanner problems?

Mojo2017

UPDATE: I hardly got this posted until I found my problem. The inner core wire on my coaxial adapter that had gotten bent and broken off. I had an extra one, so back online and picking up again. So lucky to find the problem, the cell tower outage was just a coincidence! Thanks

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Good deal. And don't feel bad, this is usually how I find the solution to problems, too - as soon as I ask someone or post I determine the problem myself. At least you're back monitoring the airwaves at full strength!

Status
Not open for further replies.